RF owner 1 leaves
RF owner 2 is shady and leads to bankrupt and leaves RF
Owner 1 buys back RF and turns them around
Owner 1 then buys easton.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
RF purchased Easton cycling kidos. Baseball bats not included.

It's seems pretty apparent that RF wanted or needed something that Easton had to really get their wheel business cranking.

It looks like BRG wants nothing to do with Easton anymore.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
RF purchased Easton cycling kidos. Baseball bats not included.

It's seems pretty apparent that RF wanted or needed something that Easton had to really get their wheel business cranking.

It looks like BRG wants nothing to do with Easton anymore.
The owner of RF/Easton is still active president of BRG, no?

I thought BRG was just a distributor of the bike stuff of Easton's... Til now.

Last edited:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
So if Easton Cycling is now a completely separate company from Easton Everything Else will it change its name? My guess is the name Easton disappears from cycling altogether with their products and technologies being incorporated into Raceface's lines. So hopefully the price they paid was reasonable for the intellectual property, equipment, ect but not extra for the name.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
So if Easton Cycling is now a completely separate company from Easton Everything Else will it change its name? My guess is the name Easton disappears from cycling altogether with their products and technologies being incorporated into Raceface's lines. So hopefully the price they paid was reasonable for the intellectual property, equipment, ect but not extra for the name.
Even if Easton Cycling was under performing in the BRG portfolio, I have a hard time believing they would get rid of the Easton name, especially for their road products. I don't see them using the RF name to try and push carbon tubular road wheels, but I've been wrong before...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Over time it would make sense to introduce the RF name. It looks like a good combination of the two brands anyway as there is not too much overlap in products.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
From a branding standpoint, I much prefer the Easton name and heritage in sports and manufacturing.

Don't know what this will mean for the actual product, other than having one fewer major independent designer/producers.