Quantcast

Racers Edge Series Schedule ?

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
might wanna post this somewhere a little more pertinent...

like the VA forum? pretty sure no one in here cares about Racers Edge. good reason to, too.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Dang, three kinda/sorta/old/washed up/on the fence/BMX/DH guys in one thread.

Jody - you racing big bikes or just 4X at the MTB races?

Bill - you hitting the FL spring break races? Race the 24 at all since Thanksgiving? I'm all sauced up and ready for some 20 action next month.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by AlmostHeaven
might wanna post this somewhere a little more pertinent...

like the VA forum? pretty sure no one in here cares about Racers Edge. good reason to, too.
wait did i miss something. i mean these are dh races and well this is the dh thread so i mean doesnt that mean its pertinent here too. i mean last time i checked some people in this world do travel to races. ohh and for the record there are plenty of people in this thread who care about these races.

JJ_PA

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
S.W. Pennsylvania
Jeff, I'm just planning on racing DH. I gotta have my vacations turned in by friday, so I'm hoping the schedule comes out soon. Are you racing much BMX or are you sticking with DH also ?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Little bitta everything. Doing the FL spring break 20" races then DH most of the summer. I assume we'll cross paths at Massanutten and/or Snowshoe.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
wait did i miss something. i mean these are dh races and well this is the dh thread so i mean doesnt that mean its pertinent here too. i mean last time i checked some people in this world do travel to races. ohh and for the record there are plenty of people in this thread who care about these races.
um...OK bud. i'll take your word for it.

you ever been to a Racers Edge race? thought so. thanks.

EDIT: next time, don't waste your breath.

Do a search on the Gravity East Series and you will see most of the racers edge races on there.

sweet.

go get 'em. win ya some Kenda tires or something if you're lucky!*

*tires to be shipped to winners 6-9 months following race.
So what are you trying to say? Do you race for all the lucrative prizes involved??? Most pros can't even make a living, but you wanna get on here and talk smack about a group that is at least out there giving us more events to go too:disgust1:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
um...OK bud. i'll take your word for it.

you ever been to a Racers Edge race? thought so. thanks.

EDIT: next time, don't waste your breath.
Easy man. I've been to a few of their races, and thoroughly enjoyed them. It's not all about the prizes and when you get them. The races bring good competition. :monkey:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Do a search on the Gravity East Series and you will see most of the racers edge races on there.

So what are you trying to say? Do you race for all the lucrative prizes involved??? Most pros can't even make a living, but you wanna get on here and talk smack about a group that is at least out there giving us more events to go too:disgust1:

i am not a pro, and i have never entered a race for a "lucrative prize" (they don't exists anyways in MTBing). what i'm trying to say is that i have participated in quite a few Racers Edge events in the past. i know Mike and his sidekicks. they are good people and i definitely applaud them for giving the Mid-Atlantic a boost every year. jebus knows we need it. for the most part they were fine, but you can always find something to nit-pick about if you look hard enough. timing sucked, organization was zilch, and communication? whats that? also a few unnamed instances of no prize payout or months until something showed up.

things of that nature. and for the record, i was just trying to stir the pot a little and see if this was the same ol' Ridemonkey. mission accomplished :thumb: no hard feelings.

http://www.racersedgeonline.com/

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
Dang, three kinda/sorta/old/washed up/on the fence/BMX/DH guys in one thread

Bill - you hitting the FL spring break races? Race the 24 at all since Thanksgiving? I'm all sauced up and ready for some 20 action next month.
I've done a couple, VA & Indy now its time for a break.

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
i am not a pro, and i have never entered a race for a "lucrative prize" (they don't exists anyways in MTBing). what i'm trying to say is that i have participated in quite a few Racers Edge events in the past. i know Mike and his sidekicks. they are good people and i definitely applaud them for giving the Mid-Atlantic a boost every year. jebus knows we need it. for the most part they were fine, but you can always find something to nit-pick about if you look hard enough. timing sucked, organization was zilch, and communication? whats that? also a few unnamed instances of no prize payout or months until something showed up.

things of that nature. and for the record, i was just trying to stir the pot a little and see if this was the same ol' Ridemonkey. mission accomplished :thumb: no hard feelings.

http://www.racersedgeonline.com/

stir the pot? ya right, act like an ass would be better wording!
last year they put on good races with one timing issue and slow web updates big deal they fixed the timing thing and they were some of the most fun dh races I've been to in a long time.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
F*#k it - I quit! Put on your own damn races! I'm going to the MX track - where people don't cry so much.
You do a great job with very little resources Mike....

....and yes, whiners are rampant in this sport, rampant. They whine because people are looking for more from the sport besides having a little fun......

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
F*#k it - I quit! Put on your own damn races! I'm going to the MX track - where people don't cry so much.
who the Fugg is crying? looks like only one so far...

i can't imagine trying to run a series of races, it would be insane. i'm am not putting anyone down personally here. just stating a few facts and having some fun. i suggest you all re-adjust your underwear and do the same. have a sense of humor.

it's an opinion people! crying out loud, i thought people would be able to handle this a little better. must be a case of a little e-confidence. LIKE I SAID, i meant no offense, just stating MY experiences from the past races. if you don't like my opinion, the f*&kin' deal with it! you aren't going to change my mind, thats for sure. take it in stride and ignore me!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I see that mangina of yours is getting bigger Mike. :clapping:

Now shut your pie hole before I have to break you. Just kidding. :pirate2:

Word to the wise...stay the hell off the forums. Keep putting on races. We love you for it!!! You get on here, you'll just regress.

You're a good guy with a lot of heart and I don't want to see Ridemonkey happen to you. Consider RM your methadone clinic...you don't come here...you won't ruin your life. :lighten:

AlmostHeaven (Sam) is getting a noogie next time I see him. :cheers:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
AlmostHeaven (Sam) is getting a noogie next time I see him. :cheers:

ah sweet. already looking forward to it. unfortunately i won't be around a lot summer with school and this internship, blah, blah. i'm sure you'll see me @ the 'Shoe at some point.

BTW, i'll settle for a Guiness. :busted:

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
who the Fugg is crying? looks like only one so far...
Yeah - YOU

i can't imagine trying to run a series of races, it would be insane. i'm am not putting anyone down personally here. just stating a few facts and having some fun. i suggest you all re-adjust your underwear and do the same. have a sense of humor.
Facts? What facts? Sounds like heresay to me.

it's an opinion people! crying out loud, i thought people would be able to handle this a little better. must be a case of a little e-confidence. LIKE I SAID, i meant no offense, just stating MY experiences from the past races. if you don't like my opinion, the f*&kin' deal with it! you aren't going to change my mind, thats for sure. take it in stride and ignore me!
Opinions are great! You should try to keep yours to yourself because what you think is sharing yours is boarderline slander. It sure is easy to Hide behind your keyboard and spread your stench but what are you doing to help the sport? BTW Sam, you DON'T know me and based on you ignorant comments - you don't know much about ANYTHING!
Butch - you are right, I'm finished now.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Ouch,...
Its a shame, all the uglyness. Poor guy is asking a legitimate question for a good reason. I too am aproaching s deadline for vacation days. I for one enjoy most of the Racers Edge venues. All races and promotors have some kind of problems. I have never raced a season without at least one venue really screwing up something.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Ouch,...
Its a shame, all the uglyness. Poor guy is asking a legitimate question for a good reason. I too am aproaching s deadline for vacation days. I for one enjoy most of the Racers Edge venues. All races and promotors have some kind of problems. I have never raced a season without at least one venue really screwing up something.
then do what many of us like myself and Mike Hartlove have done....put on your own races.
**** happens. Mistakes, etc. It's not an easy sport to organize and pull off compared to any other type of racing...particularly when tracking down sponsors to make organization easier is hardest of all.

I go to my wife's 5k races and the sponsors come out the butt because they're all local, there is some sort of non-profit medical donation incentive and it's in a central local location in urban settings.

Take something like a 5k into the woods and the sponsors thin out quick, timing becomes more costly, prize money tough to find...volunteers almost non-existent. It's a tough, tough sport to what I call "FORMULIZE". Getting a formula down pat that will work every time without fail in every weather condition, venue and staffing it consistently with solid money to back it...yeah.

then do what many of us like myself and Mike Hartlove have done....put on your own races.
QUOTE]

Anybody who wants to **** talk about anyone who puts on a race should get slung up by there nuts. I mean how big of an idiot do you have to be to talk smack about someone who sticks there neck out to help to grow the sport we love??? Would you rather nobody did it and we didn't have any races to go too? I applaud any of the promoters and organizers who give me a race to be in as i have seen how much of a pain it is to organize just like Butch said.

There should be a no whining/no complaining policy at all these races. Set it up like a nightclub with bouncers. Get out of line and we'll toss you out on your head and your not welcome back:biggrin: Maybe I found a part time job for myself??

Obviously I'm exaggerating, but I get sick of all the talk on here by people who don't do anything to help the sport. It's fine if you don't do anything to grow the sport, but then you have not a leg to stand on to criticize those who do.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
**** happens. Mistakes, etc. It's not an easy sport to organize and pull off compared to any other type of racing...particularly when tracking down sponsors to make organization easier is hardest of all.

I go to my wife's 5k races and the sponsors come out the butt because they're all local, there is some sort of non-profit medical donation incentive and it's in a central local location in urban settings.

Take something like a 5k into the woods and the sponsors thin out quick, timing becomes more costly, prize money tough to find...volunteers almost non-existent. It's a tough, tough sport to what I call "FORMULIZE". Getting a formula down pat that will work every time without fail in every weather condition, venue and staffing it consistently with solid money to back it...yeah.
Holy major misinterpitation Batman,

I wasnt getting down on promoters. I was just saying no venue has a perfect track record. And to me it really doesnt matter. Its not like they screwed up by paycheck at work or my surgery, or put onions on my cheesebutrger. For me racing is a hoby and should not be taken so seriously.
would rather loose a testical than take the responsability of putting on a race. And have to put up with all the crap in person that I am reading here.

The origonal mesage of this post was if anyone knew if the scheduale was coming out soon. The reason was it was time at work to pick vacation days. I am as I said in the same boat. if I dont pick them soon they may not be available .
no hate here!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Best line at a race ever was our first one at Wolf Laurel. Me, Jeremy, Cecil, Matt, Steve Kaufman, and a host of others had built the course for weeks in advance.

John graichen "Kentucky Phatman" is at the top in practice and pissin' and moanin' about something. Jeremy turns to him in what seems like his most sincere tone and says:

"Well, we've got a complaint box if you need it."

Graichen, looking excited: "Really?"

Jeremy:
"Oh yeah, it's right here."

He bends over and points at his arse.

Everybody but Graichen spits milk!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
QUOTE]

Anybody who wants to **** talk about anyone who puts on a race should get slung up by there nuts. I mean how big of an idiot do you have to be to talk smack about someone who sticks there neck out to help to grow the sport we love??? Would you rather nobody did it and we didn't have any races to go too? I applaud any of the promoters and organizers who give me a race to be in as i have seen how much of a pain it is to organize just like Butch said.

There should be a no whining/no complaining policy at all these races. Set it up like a nightclub with bouncers. Get out of line and we'll toss you out on your head and your not welcome back:biggrin: Maybe I found a part time job for myself??

Obviously I'm exaggerating, but I get sick of all the talk on here by people who don't do anything to help the sport. It's fine if you don't do anything to grow the sport, but then you have not a leg to stand on to criticize those who do.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I haven’t helped put a race on in over 3 years now sense I help Butch and the old team put on the races at Wolf in NC. We asked for help from our DH community and very few came out to help build or put on the races. Everyone always says they will help, but when its time to do something they don’t show. My guess is they wanted to ride their bikes that day. The thing that always got me was someone always complained about something (the course, the timing, or some times the prizes) and it was always someone that could of come out on work days to put their 2 cents in on how things were going to happen but didn’t. It pissed us off so bad!!!! I got sick of putting my time in only for people to complain. I am sure Butch, Jeremy, and Matt did too.

Now 3 years later I am trying to put on the very first MTB race on at Paris Mt. here in Greenville. It’s going to be a great venue for a Super D race. I wanted to put 2 races on, but now decided to do one. Its way to hard for just one or two people to organize an event, get the sponsors, find an Non Profit company to run money through, get permits, and set things up with NORBA for insurance. You see all of those things need to line up perfect just to get started. Putting the race on that day is the easiest thing, but when you tie in idiots crying because of timing, course, or etc. it just makes it harder to do it.

Every time I go o a race now I just set back and let it happen. I know things are not going to go perfect, the never do. I am just glad that person went through all the troubles to put the race on for us. Everyone should be the same way!!!!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Best line at a race ever was our first one at Wolf Laurel. Me, Jeremy, Cecil, Matt, Steve Kaufman, and a host of others had built the course for weeks in advance.

John graichen "Kentucky Phatman" is at the top in practice and pissin' and moanin' about something. Jeremy turns to him in what seems like his most sincere tone and says:

"Well, we've got a complaint box if you need it."

Graichen, looking excited: "Really?"

Jeremy:
"Oh yeah, it's right here."

He bends over and points at his arse.

Everybody but Graichen spits milk!
I remember that one.:rofl: :rofl: One of Jeremys best of all times!!!!!