Quantcast

racersedge question

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
hey can anyone heard anything from them? we were told that by the holidays we would be receiving some prize money from the series,but no one has received anything to the best of my knowledge? just wondering??

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I was told 6 months ago that I would be paid "either tonight or tomorrow" for a wheel build; which I was told about ~25 times. Seems like you're on the same schedule as RE.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
Jeremy R said:
Yo, da Clicka wants his scratch!!

Ya guys been boarding up there or what?
I was coming up in December but it was like 55 degrees. :mad:

well come on up now! or within the next couple of weeks at least.

they started blowing snow this morning around 2 a.m. and it won't stop for another 96 hours.the blowers will rest for 12 hours and then turned back on for another 96 hours! they've got them running full tilt since they're only supposed to be 24 on and 12 off,so we'll see what happens!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Damn i wish i snowboarded i'd head out to the shoe. Sam I am what do you guys do for internet anyway out there? you guys get it installed in ur place?

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
mobius said:
Damn i wish i snowboarded i'd head out to the shoe. Sam I am what do you guys do for internet anyway out there? you guys get it installed in ur place?

why don't you snowboard? let me guess; you ski?

damn fruit-booters.

no we don't have internet access at our house,it would cost about $250 a month for DIAL-UP.what until you see where it is.it's back in the mo-fuggin' CUT.

i usually just hop on the computer while i'm at work.like right now.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Don't ski either. My parents never did snowsports cause of my dads knee and mom being scared. So i never got the ski/snowboard thing. I wanna start but no $.

Figured you guys didn't you guys are out there i might be living in the same general area as you guys this summer dunno where i am gonna be though.

Where you workin at up there?

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
mobius said:
Figured you guys didn't you guys are out there i might be living in the same general area as you guys this summer dunno where i am gonna be though.

Where you workin at up there?
where are you planning on getting a job? what about lodging?

i'm working at the MAC (mountain adventure center).it's the same building as the bike shop in the summer,but its a high-performance demo shop during the winter.i'll be working in here during the summer as well doing some mech work.

the only other places i know where to get internet access is Starbucks free wireless for laptops and Human Resource has a couple computers that employees can use,but they pretty much block everything on them except e-mail; the number one thing that most of the foreign kids working here need to do.just to communicate with their families.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I'm probably gonna be a trail guide and builder and maybe work in the shop some. I've been talking to dave huber about it and he pretty much just said contact him in spring to come out and check out where to live. I think either employee housing or robin simms said shes thinkign about getting a place with a few other people around where trevyn lives so i might do that.

I gots me a laptop so ill be in starbucks quite a bit when nothings going on.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
mobius said:
I'm probably gonna be a trail guide and builder and maybe work in the shop some. I've been talking to dave huber about it and he pretty much just said contact him in spring to come out and check out where to live. I think either employee housing or robin simms said shes thinkign about getting a place with a few other people around where trevyn lives so i might do that.

I gots me a laptop so ill be in starbucks quite a bit when nothings going on.
sounds good man.you'll probably be more likely than not doing trail work than guiding or giving lessons.i think they've got those positions pretty filled up so far,but don't take my word for it.

i'm too poor to afford a laptop and my parents don't like me so i got screwed on that one.

i should have worked at Ukrop's during high school...i could probably afford one now :nopity:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
denjen said:
Do you really think anyone is crazy enough to follow you blindly into the woods? :D

Hah it's more like ill be the guys that do the trail work and ride around all day checking the trails and what not to make sure everything is fine.

And yeah i think they would...till after one run then they would stop.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Banche, I just received my Racers Edge plaque in the mail. It looks really nice. I know you're wondering about money... maybe it is on the way to you also?

I was really excited to get the plaque, being a beginner and all. :) It was definitely worth the wait.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Banche, I just received my Racers Edge plaque in the mail. It looks really nice. I know you're wondering about money... maybe it is on the way to you also?

I was really excited to get the plaque, being a beginner and all. :) It was definitely worth the wait.

I want a plaque!

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
well stoney got a really nice plaque i'll give them that,but still no cash,and nothing for the runner up!! so i'm still waiting and waitingand waiting!!!!!