Quantcast

RAD, the BMX movie

spag52

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
MA
hey guys i just watched this movie called RAD, or rather i watched a lengthy preview(7-8min) and it seems pretty cool for the times(1986). anyways have any of you seen it? you think blockbuster would have the full movie:D

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
here and there, sometimes
It is absolutely the best movie in existence, I have not been the same since 1986. No, blockbuster will almost certainly not have it, but you can get a copy on e-bay for around $40. also, word on the street is that it will be coming out on DVD this year, but I have yet to see that. Does anyone else know of a way to get it?

Mitzel123

Crash Test Dummy
Feb 9, 2002
i think they stoped the production of RAD so no movie store will have it or will you be able to rent it. i saw it a couple of years ago and it was the best BMX movie i have seen and it has some good ol' music thats really cool. If you have the 40 bucks or so, i would say go for it and get the movie.

G

gravity

i saw that YEARS ago...... such a good movie, pretty awesome stunts too! the main guy learns how to backflip, they have this huge race, and he backflips over two guys, using a berm as a launchramp. and it's not special effects either!

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I've got a copy to.:cool:
Oh, you should check out The BMX Bandits some time. Not any real cool riding but it has Kim Basinger in it befor she moved to the states and became all Hollywood. It's a funny movie.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Originally posted by RatFarmer
Now Jody, you gotta get your blondes straight.:) It wasn't Basinger, but Nicole Kidman.
Rad was still way better. What was that guy's name. Clu, Cru, Flu?
Dam! I felt like I was maybe wrong about the name when I posted it.
His name was Cru. His riding was done buy Eddie Fiola and RL Osborne.

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
I saw this movie so many times when I was a kid that I had it memorized. I still to this day cannot figure out what the hell the announcer's reaction to the backflip meant: "Hulk Hogan, eat your heart out!"......???

spag52

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
MA
Originally posted by butthead
I saw this movie so many times when I was a kid that I had it memorized. I still to this day cannot figure out what the hell the announcer's reaction to the backflip meant: "Hulk Hogan, eat your heart out!"......???
maybe hulk did some huge back flips off the top rope in the ring...i've seen it done before. just a thought:confused: :D

Yeah, I am dating myself, but I saw it in the theatre 3 times.
and I own it on vid.
It was filmed in Cochrane Alberta, NOT Calgary, I know cuz I was there.
A good friend of mine named Randy Jenkins was the guy in it doing a cherry picker, he used to be a factory Norco rider, and we used to hang out ALL the time..those were the days.
The backflip in the movie was done by a rider named Jose Janez (I am not sure about the spelling), but at the time he was the first and ONLY rider in the world doing backflips..funny how it is SO commonplace now.
The track was a real thing built in Cochrane , and we actually got to ride it before it was taken down, they even say that the town is called Cochrane in the movie, but they make out like it is in the states..
The movie was OK, kinda cheeze, but the first ten and last ten min. during the credits were the BEST..I used to watch those first ten like fifteen times a week, before every ride.
yeah that movie brings back alot of memories...

Karpieldisco

Chimp
Mar 24, 2002
Abingdon, MD
probalby the best bike movie every written. Crue jones vs Bart taylor @ helltrack. after all these years and 2 worn out videos it is till being talked about.

I personally like A$$ sliding, and the airwald sequence.

If you have never seen it get it..