Quantcast

Radio controlled aircraft must be a really frustrating hobby

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Was at the park earlier with the chillins. There's a vacant lot adjacent. The was a guy dinking with a radio controlled helicopter...doing his "pre-flight".... Anyway, he had been there when we arrived...and he was still dinking with it for a good 15 minutes after we arrived. Anyhoo, he finally gets it airborn and well....the entire mission went like this: neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer...splat.

He packed everything up and went home.

poor bastard.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
It would be cool to see one of those newer turbine RC jet crash and burn, those things can hit 200 mph. Nice little missle :thumb:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
DamienC said:
Here's a neat application for a RC helicopter...
They use RC helicopters as crop dusters here. Heard one this morning actually. The fields are too small for conventional cropdusting planes. Pretty big RC helicopter though I must add.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
They use RC helicopters as crop dusters here. Heard one this morning actually. The fields are too small for conventional cropdusting planes. Pretty big RC helicopter though I must add.
they spray out magic mind control dust valve, to keep you mad japs in order...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
splat said:
So is that your secret to picking up on women ?
Damn. I was gonna use that...

It's allll about the collective pitch... and plenty 'o movement...
And the swashplate gyration of course

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
syadasti said:
Look at the flag and the insect flying around, its regular motion, not sped up.

There is a remote control track like that near one of my local BMX tracks. I've sat there and wathed these guys race their little cars around a track like that. The guys I have watched weren't as good as the guy in the video, but their cars were moving pretty fast. I don't think the video was sped up.