Quantcast

Raining mud?

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Before I went to the gym this evening, the weather was strange. There was a yellow tint to everything and zero wind with some pretty foreboding clouds and what looked to be a mild rain outside. When I went out to my car, I found it covered in mud and I proceeded to get covered in it as well. Every car I passed on the way to the gym was also covered. I've seen rain with a good consistency of ash in it before but never mud like tonight. Anyone ever seen this?

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Where are you located? I suppose somewhere that is normally super dusty could get dirt trapped in the clouds and come down as muddy rain...thats pretty weird though, never heard of that before.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Where in the h*ll do you live man? That's crazy. Everything turns yellow in the pines of east Tejas come this time of year. Never heard of mud-rain

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Well, I've seen the no wind/yellow tint thing before tornados before but never the mud. I'm in San Antonio...it only lasted half an hour maybe but my car is completely covered.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I'll take some tomorrow...hopefully it doesn't rain normal rain and wash it off. I'm sure there will be something news related that I can dig up tomorrow.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Wow, that sounds like something that would happen in Ithaca, NY. I was under the impression that we were the ones who got all the sh*tty weather.

And yes, :picsstfu:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That's pretty sweet man! I guess weather is pretty unpredictable!
Heh. It's pretty. It also takes out tons of trees and branches, leaving debris everywhere. This often leads to power outages. Walking outside becomes dangerous, both because you can slip, and because there's crap falling all over the place. Scraping that stuff off your car in the morning sucks. I can do without.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I had that happen when I lived in SA too. It is pretty common to have what they call mud storms up in the TX panhandle. I'm sure Price and BCD are familiar. It's when there's a dust storm and light rain.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
It'd happen all the time when I was in Sigonella, Sicily. Of course, being that close to an active volcano would probably 'splain that.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
:biggrin:

Really, Capt. Obvious?:pirate2: :biggrin:

That's good cause if it weren't, there would be a lot of out of work weather channel employees.
They don't deserve the jobs anyways! Their wrong half the time anyways!

The one person you dont trust in texas - The weather person.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Pantera would actually be more fitting...
Odd you should mention Pantera and mud.
Every time we got a Pantera song on the Sirius back in Virginia my brother in law and I had a mandate to find the nearest mudhole and rock it like its name was the Hurricane.

I really, right up until now, thought we were the only people who made that connection.

Glad to know we're never walking alone.