Quantcast

!!! Rainy foist day of the weak !!!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

It’s raining:banana:

Made it through the first night home. Madelyn(5 year old) went through the full range of emotions last night. Was somewhat expected. I passed out in her bed, can’t complain.

Hoping to get a few minutes on zwift at some point.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Woke up four times and got the shits with my half moon boot and took it off, not sure why but I woke up well rested.
Went for a walk and got a photo of a bird I can't ID, it's annoying.
IMGK1596 (2).JPG

Then cut a dead tree down and went for a ride.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After a big day on the bike yesterday wife has said we should go hike the DSO. Apparently this is like hike a bike, but you leave the bike at home. Sounds weird. Will report back if I survive.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Woke up four times and got the shits with my half moon boot and took it off, not sure why but I woke up well rested.
Went for a walk and got a photo of a bird I can't ID, it's annoying.
View attachment 195952

Then cut a dead tree down and went for a ride.
that's because birds aren't real, silly.

slept in a bit. coffee on the porch listening to all the not real bird sounds. in the past 2 minutes the bird app has heard: tufted titmouse; blue grey gnatcatcher, red eyed vireo, american goldfinch, carolina chickadee, northern cardinal, carolina wren, and red bellied woodpecker.

working up motivation to get off my ass and go for a ride in a bit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Heard what really sounded like about 20 gunshots overnight (our hotel being at 1st and West st in downtown reno). No news articles, though

hmm

last full day of activities, flying out tomorrow afternoon back to civilization

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Study all day.

Practice test I took last night was really, really fucking hard and I barely passed. This prep course is known for its exceptionally hard practice tests and I should be expecting 40-60% scores, but damn that was rough to score this am. I missed one question because of the world "if" vs. "wanted" in a 4-page detail of the person's situation. Couple more practice tests and studies today.

Also got sunburned yesterday. Sucks.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was really wiped out from 5 hours of Kayaking yesterday. I was in bed and it was still light out. Slept for 10 hours. Now I am trying to loosen my back up. Shit load of yard work to do today but I picked my days right. it's way windy out, kayaking would have sucked today where as the water was glassy yesterday
1687705139244.png

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
You guys talking about Carl in here? Fuck that guy.

Family coming over one more time before they crawl back to Texas. Not really in the mood to clean up the yards and cook for a bunch of people today. I'd rather go ride a bike.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lazy Sunday, didn't feel like driving to Rainer so we are hitting the new breakfast cart in town. It isn't bad, but it isn't anything special either. But it's breakfast I don't have to make, so there is that. Biscuits and gravy and loaded hash browns.

PXL_20230617_175006440.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Was just helping wifey in the backyard and decided to look at the deck for the first time post-tornado. Every bracket is loose by 1/4-1/2" on the nails and the main support beams all look to be leaning slightly. Makes sense though, it's a 2nd story, 1000sqft wing/sail. The damage is becoming more apparent as I look more.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Is it a Jeep thing?
It’s a bad install thing. I didn’t have the time nor the place to re gear it myself, Shop in phoenix back in Jan did the 5:38’s with very poor shim and backlash meshing on the rear according to the paint check I did yesterday. The rear pinion was only engaging @50% of the ring gear teeth, as a result it broke a couple teeth. Just laziness, the dude didn’t want to keep pulling it all apart to make the proper shim stack and mesh. Musta been a Carl

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Daughter recently got her driver’s license and today was the first time she drove to the neighboring town by herself. I must’ve put my parents through hell with this stuff because I was so damn nervous that I couldn’t sit still entire time she was gone.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Nails are required by code for certain applications as they will bend and give absorbing energy instead of snapping like screws do.
Only refering to my deck Piers were drilled and bolted to steel collars in concrete, Joists were joined to piers with bolts and steel collars and cross beams hooked to joists in the same fashion. Deck boards were screwed into the cross beams with a membrane layer over the beams. 4x4 hand rail supports were secured to the joist by 10" lag screws (2). 4000 linear feet of redwood and over 6000 deck screws were used.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
It’s a bad install thing. I didn’t have the time nor the place to re gear it myself, Shop in phoenix back in Jan did the 5:38’s with very poor shim and backlash meshing on the rear according to the paint check I did yesterday. The rear pinion was only engaging @50% of the ring gear teeth, as a result it broke a couple teeth. Just laziness, the dude didn’t want to keep pulling it all apart to make the proper shim stack and mesh. Musta been a Carl
Now Carl needs to install moar shimz? WTF Carl.