Quantcast

Raise a Glass Today/Tonight for John W. Kelliher!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Dear Monkeys,

I received word this morning that my Uncle John passed away from kidney failure and other complications at 6:20 this morning. My Uncle John was sort of like a Grandfather to me rather than an uncle and he was a really special man. A bit eccentric, but the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.

He was born in Rochester, NY - was a great baseball player in his youth, served in the Army Aircorps stationed in England helping to support Allied bombing runs during WW II along with my Uncle Tom (oh the stories they told!), and lived his post-war life as a salesman, primarily living in Manhattan for the majority of his post-war life.

He was an amazing uncle and me and my brothers always had the best time hanging out with Uncle John. He used to love to take us to the arcade and feed us money to play skeeball til our arms fell off. He also took us to a bunch of professional sports events including Yankees games, Mets Games, Jets games, Giants games and the best memory from those games was playoff tickets to see the Rangers play at The Garden when I was about 12 years old or so! Awesome.

He never got married and was extremely religious and gave a lot of his time to works of charity in New York City. He was also very loyal to his family and he took care of my grandmother for many many years.

He will be missed, but his memory and the good times that me and my brothers had with him will live on forever.

So if you are thinking of it, raise a glass to my Uncle John tonight and wish him Godspeed.

Thanks.

Mark

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sorry for your loss Mark...sounds like your Uncle was quite a guy. I will be happy to honor him with a hoist this evening! My condolences to you and your family.

Godspeed Uncle John :cheers:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I raise my paper cup of coffee to him right now.

Rock on John.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Sorry about your loss.

Tonight I will be honored to hoist a snort of my finest whiskey in memory of Uncle John. :cheers: Sound like he was an awesome man