Quantcast

Ranger Creek Sunday

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
It's not really an epic but it's damn close. 20 miler climb 3000 feet of forest road, followed by a view you see in all the bike mags, they always call it Noble Nob trail.... But we climb up forest road, we admire awesome alpine view on top of a ridge way up in the sky, then we bomb down the awesome singletrack. If you "could" ride Tiger Mt. twice in a row then you can do this ride no prob.... Ride will take round 5 hours, maybe meeting in Enumclaw at 9 will nail down a concrete time soon.

The Plum Smuggler's down with this XC mountain trail goodness, anyone else wanna go?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
It's not really an epic but it's damn close. 20 miler climb 3000 feet of forest road, followed by a view you see in all the bike mags, they always call it Noble Nob trail.... But we climb up forest road, we admire awesome alpine view on top of a ridge way up in the sky, then we bomb down the awesome singletrack. If you "could" ride Tiger Mt. twice in a row then you can do this ride no prob.... Ride will take round 5 hours, maybe meeting in Enumclaw at 9 will nail down a concrete time soon.

The Plum Smuggler's down with this XC mountain trail goodness, anyone else wanna go?
Like twice in a row meaning back to back?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I WANT to go but I'm busy this weekend on both days ALL day.

craptacular!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Serial Midget said:
BULL. You just don't want to race me up the hill with HRMs and calorie counters. :D
Uh?

I'm so out of shape I wouldn't want to see how high my heart rate was 5 minutes into the climb :dead:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Serial Midget said:
BULL. You just don't want to race me up the hill with HRMs and calorie counters. :D

oh, you got me.

I would much rather be walking/pushing/pulling my bike up a hill then going to any wedding. :mumble:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Snacks said:
Uh?

I'm so out of shape I wouldn't want to see how high my heart rate was 5 minutes into the climb :dead:
how can you be out of shape? you play soccer, run around greenlake and ride a bike. unlike myself, who sits on the couch and drinks beer. :monkey:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
pnj said:
how can you be out of shape? you play soccer, run around greenlake and ride a bike. unlike myself, who sits on the couch and drinks beer. :monkey:
I haven't done anything except play soccer on Sunday for a week :( . It looks like I'm going to have to get back to lake tomorrow morning.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Snacks said:
Uh?

Well - that was cross referenced from PNJs thread about fat roadies and... I don't believe you for a second. No one can do half of what you do and be out of shape. :cool:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Tenchiro said:
How is it compared to Green Mountain?
Climbing 4X more difficult than my loop(but at a certain point it's all over with and downhill you go....), the view is better on Noble Nob, and the trail is a forest winding descending trail. Pretty much when you do get past the Deep Creek trail you don't have to pedal, but you are skirting along the ridge so you gotta be on your toes if you're rippin it fast.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I'm coming into town for the Beer festival at St. Edmonds so I might do it. Gotta catch a flight out at 510pm, that's the only stopper.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Vno said:
I'm coming into town for the Beer festival at St. Edmonds so I might do it. Gotta catch a flight out at 510pm, that's the only stopper.
Ok time set in stone meet at Enumclaw Starbucks 7:45.

Heading east on Roosevelt it's on the left, in the grocery store parking lot, also a Washington Mutual bank there.

You need a Forest Service Parking Pass, i can take two more people from the parking lot or you can park down the road from Camp Sheppard where we're parking(if you don't have one).

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Any other takers? Nobody get's left behind, and i guarantee a great ride, (except for climbing up the forest road of death. :evil: ) But once that's over you get to ride on the sweet descending singletrack. :thumb:

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
Skookum said:
Any other takers? Nobody get's left behind, and i guarantee a great ride, (except for climbing up the forest road of death. :evil: ) But once that's over you get to ride on the sweet descending singletrack. :thumb:
So was it super great??? :devil:

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
What up Skook,

Hey is that trail shuttlable? I finally invested in a VT bike to get my tree trunk a$$ back in shape. I'm having a hard time putting faith into an xc bike, so I'm still lugging around the DH bike, just with less gear. Anyhow, you mentioned being able to park up top on that trail a couple weeks back, is that something that would be fun on the big bikes? Rode Whistler on Tues & Wed, wish we had some trails like that here...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm really suprised you're sketched out on the VT, i always thought it was leaning more towards a DH bike than an XC. Maybe you don't have your shock and fork dialed in right? Or maybe you should just bite the bullit sell both of your Giant's and get a Bullit or Gemini with the tall Zokes 6 inch single crown. Just hearing bout what you want to do on a bike, that sounds like an awesome (free-ride/inbetweener) bike would make you happy till you get settled into your style of riding and know better what you want in a bike....
Anyways those trails should be ready for shuttle in a week or two when they open the gate. There's gonna be some hike a bike on a big bike and there are some tight switchbacks that'll be really difficult to clear with a tri-clamp fork. Yah still some big patches of melting snow on 7174 and also a fun steep section on the backside of the noble nob trail. So they won't open the road until the snow is clear, and the trail is passable, but isn't "technically" ready to ride quite yet.