Quantcast

Ranger Creek

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I know i've post about Ranger Creek before but I'm eager to ride that sick piece of trail. Any clue what the conditions are like? :)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Rode it Sunday. The trail is in pretty good shape except for several fallen trees over the trail which are easily passable. We did Ranger Creek down and then finished on Skookum and it was a blast.

Have fun.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Casey, you spelled my name wrong. There might be a few other people joining us if we go. Ranger Creek is my favorite Washington trail.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i rode "up" Ranger about a few weeks back and it's not as fun going up.:)

i've heard that Corral Pass is now open. i'm willing to bet if you ride from Corral Pass you'll run into some snow on the first part of Ranger Creek right after you drop off the Dalles Ridge switchbacks. It's a shady spot that always takes a while to melt off.

Ranger is good.:)

Sep 8, 2004
There's also an alternate route up via Forest service road 72, much easier to shuttle. If you take the 72 there is maybe a mile of rolling elevation before the downhill. Fun stuff

-James.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Skookum said:
i rode "up" Ranger about a few weeks back and it's not as fun going up.:)

i've heard that Corral Pass is now open. i'm willing to bet if you ride from Corral Pass you'll run into some snow on the first part of Ranger Creek right after you drop off the Dalles Ridge switchbacks. It's a shady spot that always takes a while to melt off.

Ranger is good.:)
:rofl:

Pip (proper spelling) is all about the shuttle...at least when it involves Ranger Creek/Palisades/Sun Top. His bikey is very not light.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
i can shuttle five if we have a chase car and no pavment mikey boy will be riding with us monday so plan on us and you makes three we have room for two more who ever bribes the best wins. andy are you going?

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
I dont have to work sunday or monday (sorry Andy)... how far from the seattle area is this? I could be the chase car (as long as the road isnt too bad. I had trouble getting to the very top of post. Damn lowered cars!)

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
It's off of 410 kind of close to Crystal Mountain and the road up isn't bad. My Honda Accord could make it up.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
so i have spoke with a couple of other guys who would like to go so we might need more pickups staight out a ballard mike has a pickup and he wants to go so maybe he will drive his ride out also i will give you a call tonight pip

Sep 8, 2004
Pip,
Yeah that trail is a blast! I do have to work monday though, if thats the planned day. I work nights though, so if its morning/early afternoon I could probably go. Of course, I gotta get more than two hours sleep... last time I went I was far too tired and was super sloppy. BUT I did get a cool scar out of it!

-James.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Casey, what do you think about hitting Ranger Creek early so that James can come out and get redemption?

Sep 8, 2004
I might have monday off now, I'll find out for sure tonight. If I have to work, I just have to leave the trail by 2:45-3pm. Plenty o' time.

-James.

Sep 8, 2004
Looks like I have to work, but I'll go if ya have room. I've got the bighit in the shop right now, so I'll be riding the heckler. If there isn't room its all good too, I might take my cousin and have my dad shuttle us to the top for a few runs.

Pip- I've got a new phone, I'll send you my number, its the same, but my last phone died on me, so I lost your number.

-James.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
we are heading out of seattle arounf 9am tommorrow met us out there if you want we have room look for a ford ranger with bikes or a jeep pickup both are darker in color

Sep 8, 2004
Hey,
Its a little after 5am, I just got home from work.... overtime. Looks like I'll be sitting it out this time. I'll hit it this month for sure though, my vacation is the 11th - 30th, so I've got plenty of time!

-james.