Quantcast

Rant Started

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
loco said:
It's a cowboy thing, and not in some Brokeback Mountain kind of a way. It's just that when I started working on saddles and belts and such, I gained an appreciation for nice leather. No bondage or crap like that. Just plain ol' nice leather.

Hey man, I've been wanting to make my dogs some nice leather collars. Any tips or websites or something I could look at to get some ideers?

thanks, oh, and my office

Attachments

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had the same issue at one of my old jobs. The bike rack outside fit 3 bikes and on nice days, there were at least 4 bikes to try and fit. The rack was on the side of the building where I couldn't see it and we had no security what so ever.

I work in a lab that is just inside the door on the first floor, so I would put it in there. They said they didn't want my tires on the carpet because "who knew what I had run over on the way to work..."

The worst part about it was they had a "bike to work day" and the same 4 bikes were outside. I guess the other 250 employees didn't grasp the concept.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
That's too bad, man. I can understand where you're coming from. Instead of riding my nice rig to campus (which is a tad over 10 miles) I picked up a mid-80's steel lugged road bike that I converted into a fixie. It's hella fun to ride and people wouldn't think about touching it. Even if it did get jacked, it's only worth about $100.

Bike: $30
Fixed rear wheel: $50
Track cog: $25

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
Hey man, I've been wanting to make my dogs some nice leather collars. Any tips or websites or something I could look at to get some ideers?

thanks, oh, and my office
I'll see what I can find. I did leather work before I ever knew about web sites. :D