Quantcast

Rays.....anyone know whats up?

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
So I'm going to cleveland mid October and wanted to hit up Rays. According to their site, there is a blackout period between Oct 10 and Nov 9 where neither the dirt room or park is open......f.

I just want to confirm this so I can utter a few more profanities about it if its true. Problem is, their website seems to not have been updated in quite a while, the phone number listed just goes to a 'the carrier at this number is not available right now' kind of bs, their facebook page hasn't had new posts since april, and I can't find any media for them dating past August.

Anyone have any insights?

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Supposedly, they were bought by Trek. I am sure they have been very busy with the new park as well, I was planning a trip for January and noticed the same about the late opening. My only idea would be to call Eddy's Bikeshop and see if they know anything about it.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Trek is the financial backer of Ray's now, it was a move to guarantee the Milwaukee park would open and so future parks would be possible.

RHARPER

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Dundee, MI
Nov. 6,7 will be the grand opening for CLV.
Nov 13,14 will be the opening for MKE.

The Friday before each parks opening will be a walk through for media and customers. No riding on Friday.

RHARPER

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Dundee, MI
As far as the rays Milwaukee location, it sounds as though they don't want the location exposed, however, with information they have handed out you can find it. There is also a newspaper article with the addy in it if you google it. It's on the northern side of Milwuakke and if you use google maps and search for Menards, you will see it.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
I don't intend to sound condescending, but with a place like Rays, where people travel from a wide area to ride there, the location is visually compelling, and with significant changes happening consistently, I believe that having a more frequently updated and representative web presence is of higher importance than what is put forth currently.

Maybe its just me, having moved from Pittsburgh to Long Island, I can't just hop in a car anymore and ride Rays. So I check the website.

And now I was hopeful to ride there (SOL it seems, dang) and just couldn't come up with solid information.

I'm ranting, sorry. I just don't want to see the place frustrate or alienate its supporters. I want to see it continue to be successful and grow (Milwaukee is a big score). And yeah, I want to ride there, or at least fantasize about riding there when I just can't travel the distance.

as always, my $0.02

Also, thanks for the info y'all