Quantcast

Razorrock Levers

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yes, they're out of business; no, there's no other lever with the secondary point-of-engagement adjustment.

The Bonz levers are nearly the same shape, though.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
GRC makes a single and 2 finger lever. They have a bit more hook to them, but are nice in a different way.
There 2 finger levers actually work really well for one finger use. They have a nice hook on the end that locks you finger in.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
MikeD said:
no, there's no other lever with the secondary point-of-engagement adjustment.
QUOTE]

yes there is...it's just a small garage co out of WA that no one knows about. But they make nice levers.
thanks, i know my useless info is of great help.
kai-

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Here's what I don't get...I love the fat feel of the razorrocks and Bonz (both of which I own), but why exactly are one-finger specific levers so short? Shouldn't they be longer to give better leverage?

I liked the feel of them, but after riding for a few months, I've gotten a little more arm pump than I ever have before. What's worse for me is that they can't be run close to my bars because they hit my twist-shift pods. Think I might try some Dangerboys...the straight ones without that extra ridge in the middle. They should clear the pods better and give a little more leverage.

I really, really like the secondary adjustment on the RR levers, though.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
MikeD said:
HippieKai said:
yes there is...it's just a small garage co out of WA that no one knows about. But they make nice levers.
kai-
Well, yeah, thanks a ton. Tell us, show us...might be what we're looking for.

MD

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
HippieKai said:
MikeD said:
QUOTE]

kai-
Care to share...??? :D...I could seriously use one for my left hand

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Dartman said:
How could a company with a bitchin' rig like this fail?!...
they didn't fail...they quit. At least thats the rumor. the dude just got sick of it.

and i would share the garage made ones but i don't think they are what you would call "legit" if you know what i mean.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have RR and love them NOW. My fingures always slipped off the ends. I put a bolt through the end and now my fingures no longer slip off the end. It looks bad but man they feel awesome. I have had many people say they feel PERFECT.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
HELLL YEAH !!!! those levers were too cool to just fade away. Thanks for the link. im ordering them.

this sucks thought. i just paypal'd a fellow RM fvcker $50 for a used set of RR levers 4 weeks ago and they never showed up and he has not responed to one single email. i wasnt so pissed about the money, i wanted the levers.

good news, now i can buy some new ones.

joel

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Kanter said:
I have RR and love them NOW. My fingures always slipped off the ends. I put a bolt through the end and now my fingures no longer slip off the end. It looks bad but man they feel awesome. I have had many people say they feel PERFECT.
kanter, give me the scoop on installing that pivot bolt. is that a Hayes or a Home Depot part? and does that bolt go to a specific lever or will it handle any lever from stock to aftermarket??

thansk,

joel

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im talking the bolt through the end to hold your finger from coming off the end. Its just a super short bolt with a square nut. I then just put some black pain on em. Works great. I had the bolts and nuts just laying around. I was going to try and heat them up and bend the tip but thought they might break. This is what I came up with.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Kanter,

this is the bolt that im talking about. I like it instead of that OEM dowel pin thingy. ive never taken a lever off. how do you get the pin out and the bolt in?

thanks,

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The old style pin just punches out. The bolt you are talking about is on the newer mags. The older ones had the dowel. Call Hayes and see what they say. I had to replace one mag body and it had the new style bolt.

Sorry about that. I thought you ment the bolt I installed to stop my finger from slipping off.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
HippieKai said:
MikeD said:
QUOTE]

kai-

Yes.. Those levers are dope. I saw a set for the first time a few days ago.