Quantcast

RCP Fabrication "NE29R" bike and frame via Kickstarter

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
My buddy Ryan, the owner and fabricator of RCP Fabrication, just launched a Kickstarter website for his new production NE29R mountain bike. Ryan has taken what he's learned from building custom bikes over the last few years and created a playful 29er built to slay the technical trails of New England. This project, which he has been working on for well over a year, is finally ready for the next step. He has chosen Kickstarter to help raise the initial funds to purchase additional tooling and procure the materials and parts required to build bikes at the production level.

RCP Fabrication is running a Kickstarter campaign for their new steel 29er:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rcp/the-ne29r-not-just-another-29-inch-mountain-bike

Kickstarter pricing is $900 for the frame, $2450 for the X7 build kit and $2950 for the X9 build kit.

Check it out and spread the word!
Since day one, every frame made by RCP has been hand built in Connecticut and all materials used are made in the USA. It doesn't get more American than that! For more information about RCP check out http://www.rcpfab.com.

Thank you for looking.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I wish him the best, but I simultaneously wish that somebody could get creative enough to maintain a 72-74* seat angle with the short stays offered by Transition, Canfield, and now RCP. It seems like with 29ers you get either a 60 degree seat angle, which only people who sell them think is a good idea, or you get massive chainstays. Now that we have dropper posts, it seems natural to go for an interrupted but steep seat post design...and that would solve the PROBLEM of the front center growing when you raise the post.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Understood. RCP offers the shortest chainstays of the bunch; Transition 435mm, Canfield 424mm and RCP 410mm. Although the design may not be perfect, I still think it's a step in the right direction.

After the first production run the plan is to offer additional sizes. This should help correct the sizing issues associated with extending the seat post.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yup, just my two pesos. I took a look at the geometry and realized it wouldn't work for me due to the two lengths. I'd need somewhere in between.

Regardless, based on my own experiences, short chainstays rule and curved seat tubes do not. I wish your friend the best though, one more handmade east coast steel bike is a step in the right direction.