Quantcast

RCS Ti Springs for my RC4

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Hey so I've checked out as many threads as I could, and I still couldn't find my answer. What RCS Ti Spring do I need for my 9.5x3.0 Fox RC4? Using BTI as a reference...It would appear that I need the DHX/Elka spring, but a buddy of mine got one for his 9.5x3.0 RC4 and it rubs real bad on this shock body. Can I run the Manitou, Marzocchi, Cane Creek or Progressive like the RT-3050 spring on my RC4 since the inner di is 1.43 rather than 1.38? Or will I still get flex and major rubbing? Is Obtainium the only way to go? Thanks!

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Hey so I've checked out as many threads as I could, and I still couldn't find my answer. What RCS Ti Spring do I need for my 9.5x3.0 Fox RC4? Using BTI as a reference...It would appear that I need the DHX/Elka spring, but a buddy of mine got one for his 9.5x3.0 RC4 and it rubs real bad on this shock body. Can I run the Manitou, Marzocchi, Cane Creek or Progressive like the RT-3050 spring on my RC4 since the inner di is 1.43 rather than 1.38? Or will I still get flex and major rubbing? Is Obtainium the only way to go? Thanks!
Its dependent upon weight. Because of the RC4's bigger reservoir, spring weights above 450lb are 50/50 if they are going to work or rub.

Obtainium is out of business for all intents and purposes.

Call DSP, RCS, or Nukeproof. Tell them what springweight and what shock and they will tell you if theirs fits or not. Those are about your only options right now.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
The rubbing with some Ti springs on the RC4 usually occurs on the blue outer Bottom out adjustment collar. This can easily be removed to solve that issue.

Also forget about Obtanium, many here have had nothing but bad experiances in the last year trying to deal with them. They have not had any springs in stock for quite some time, and it took me over three months and countless emails to finally get some adapters that I ordered months earlier.

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
The rubbing with some Ti springs on the RC4 usually occurs on the blue outer Bottom out adjustment collar. This can easily be removed to solve that issue.

Also forget about Obtanium, many here have had nothing but bad experiances in the last year trying to deal with them. They have not had any springs in stock for quite some time, and it took me over three months and countless emails to finally get some adapters that I ordered months earlier.
Same experience I had. I actually had CC# dispute going on to get action... just for adapters for my CCDB.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Obtainium has 1.5" ID and will rub or get really close. I used a Progressive Ti, and no rubbing so far. Check with RCS to see if anyone complained about their 1.38" ID Ti, which should have a smaller OD.