Quantcast

RCS ti springs

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
So im in school checkin my email, and got an email back from RCS, i emailed them wanting a 350lb ti spring and they have been out of stock for a looong while. heres the repsonse i got.

Unfortunately we don't have any of that part number in stock at this time. At this point, we are not planning to make more. Management here has decided to discontinue our bicycle product lines.

Kelli Turcotte
Motorsports

Renton Coil Spring Co. Inc.
425 South 7th Street
Renton, WA 98057
T 425 255 1453, ext 233
F 425 228 0780
C 425 829 4066

So there done making bike springs? anyone else heard of this?

Eren

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
So im in school checkin my email, and got an email back from RCS, i emailed them wanting a 350lb ti spring and they have been out of stock for a looong while. heres the repsonse i got.

Unfortunately we don't have any of that part number in stock at this time. At this point, we are not planning to make more. Management here has decided to discontinue our bicycle product lines.

Kelli Turcotte
Motorsports

Renton Coil Spring Co. Inc.
425 South 7th Street
Renton, WA 98057
T 425 255 1453, ext 233
F 425 228 0780
C 425 829 4066

So there done making bike springs? anyone else heard of this?

Eren
What stroke lenght do you need?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ummmm this sucks. Aren't they the only Ti spring manufacturer in the States? I was trying to get one from BTI and it was out of stock, guess it won't be coming into stock either.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Doesn't Nuke-Proof make Ti springs? I know in DIRT mag they have advertisements for Ti springs.

I know it pissed me off when I was trying to find a 5th element spring and couldn't find one. They stopped making them. I know the same is true for other shocks as well that switch springs for whatever reason. Considering RCS is "the" Ti-spring company it sorta makes you wonder

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Called Avalanche Racing yet to see if Craig has any right there in the shop?
avy ti springs are from RCS...

and they are much bigger then ones you need for fox, manitou, 5th element. the ID and the OD are much different.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Check your LBS. BTI stocks RCS and Manitou springs. I just got a 500lb Manitou spring and dropped .8 pounds off my ride.

for the Manitou...should fit the DHX and 5th also...
dude edit your post. don't post actual costs. most people on here can't get that

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I’ve also been in touch with the same guy at RCS but could never get a straight answer from him...
Does anyone knows if BTI sells online? They seem to have what I need in stock but I live in Canada…:poster_oops:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I’ve also been in touch with the same guy at RCS but could never get a straight answer from him...
Does anyone knows if BTI sells online? They seem to have what I need in stock but I live in Canada…:poster_oops:
For us non-industry people BTI is good for checking part #'s of things to take to your LBS or if things are in stock. They do NOT sell to the public (BTI-QBP are distributors)