Quantcast

re-foes...

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
had this frame laying around the garage for a year or two, then a few months back I decided to get it repainted. While the front end was away getting a new powder coat job, I decided to re-polish the rear end, and found a few cracks. So off to Foes for a fix and refurb. $150 for weld, heat treat, new powdercoat, all new hardware and bearings, shipping and all. Scrounged up a few parts, and here she is ready for the trails again.
WTB Headset
2003 Marzocchi Z1 fr
Azonic stem & bar
X7 Shifters and rear der
XT front der
FSA Cranks and BB
Race Face seatpost
SDG Saddle
XT hubs laced to Mavic 219's
Avid Mechanicals
Should work pretty darn well for a long travel 6" trail bike, and some light freeride. I think it is a 99 or 2000 model. Not sure, anyone know for sure? I think it was the last year they built the Weasel.

Attachments

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
if it helps, it's not the "old" weasel/lts bike, its the last of the kind before it was eliminated from the lineup. There was a 1st gen LTS, then 2nd gen with the weasel and LTS, and then the last (3rd gen) bikes of those type looked like yours

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
it is from the last year they were in the foes lineup, so that must be a 2001 then. Anyone else have one of these. I think I maybe rode it 2-3 times when I originally had it built (was always loaned out....) I am curious if it was worth the time and expense I went through. Was even thinking of maybe getting a 5th element for it, since the Fox Vanilla RC is doing dual duty for this frame and another I have. Would it really be worth the $$ to add that shock to it.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Originally posted by lukeduke
it is from the last year they were in the foes lineup, so that must be a 2001 then. Anyone else have one of these. I think I maybe rode it 2-3 times when I originally had it built (was always loaned out....) I am curious if it was worth the time and expense I went through. Was even thinking of maybe getting a 5th element for it, since the Fox Vanilla RC is doing dual duty for this frame and another I have. Would it really be worth the $$ to add that shock to it.
Since you only rode it 2 or 3 times, you should try to recoup some of those expenses from the people you loaned it to that obviously abused the crap out of it.