Quantcast

Reading, PA Freeride/XC Race

triumphbc

Chimp
Oct 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
Is anyone thinking about going to this?

Reading Pa. Hardcore XC?/Freeride Race
Here is a brief description of the course. You will start out on a rocky ridge line that leads to the jump trail this is a smooth line with 4 nice jumps on it. Jump trail takes you to the turn jump tthis is a bermed turn with a log jump built in. After this you head down a drainage ditch through some single track. Here is the first climb short and easy. The climb leads you to the network this is the section loaded with rocks, drops, double jump, bridges very cool section lots of fun. After the network you head up a fire road for the second climb this leads you back to the start finish line. Somewhere on the last climb we will have a tetter totter.

April 25th XC?/freeride race
Pre-register on active.com
Race day register 8:00 to 10:00
Sat. 24th open practice all day
$30.00 entry fee
Cash prizes and products to the 1st,2nd,3rd place finishers in both groups.

The City of Reading is having food and restrooms at the site for the racers.

Directions:
From NY,NJ,Allentown--take rt78west to 61south--61 to rt12 west--12west to422 east.
From North Pa.--61 south to 12west--12west to 422east.
From Philly,422 est
From Harrisburg 222 to 422 east.

Once you get to 422 east take the Penn St. exit--head into the city--Penn st to right on Perkiomen ave--Perkiomen ave to left on Hill rd.--Hill rd. to left on Clymer st.--Clmer st. right on Duryea dr.--take duryea dr to top of mtn. head to fire tower and park in far left of lot.

for more info contact Tony (610)385-8832 or email leapaj@earthlink.net

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
I'll be there I'm originally from PA and a local shop from my hometown has a group going. but I'm not sure if I'll race because of a nasty fall I had on sat.

PS. Tree stumps hurt real bad when you fall on them:(