Quantcast

>>>real Midle gmt<<<

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Made some progress on the car shopping dilemma late last night. Decent used cars are absurdly expensive. Not any significant savings over buying new. Going to venture out to a few dealerships this afternoon to paw at: a Honda CR-V, a Toyota Rav4 and a Ford Bronco Sport.

Wonder if pulling up to the lot in a BMW will immediately disqualify me for any kind of discount ?:rofl:
i would only get a bronco if it it could be had with either a gas or diesel engine and six speed trans....2 door....and no infotainment bullshit....and no exploding turbo engine...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Assembled it. Now I only need to wait for proper non plastic pedals. Also yes I did find the shittiest looking building around since it's the easiest to lean your bike against it.
IMG_9174.jpeg

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I asked the SIL if she was positive she just didn't need to have a new key made, she's convinced the entire ignition system and all the door locks are the problem. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Probably needs an ignition switch, the switch means a new ignition key, new ignition key means new door locks to make all the keys match. Pretty common for them to only be sold as a set.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Probably needs an ignition switch, the switch means a new ignition key, new ignition key means new door locks to make all the keys match. Pretty common for them to only be sold as a set.
While this makes sense, she was also told it would take a month and cost $2k. Which doesn’t seem right to me, but WTF do I know.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After months of telling my manager that my project is going nowhere, that I have been given no direction from leadership, no resources necessary for the direction I want to go and no longer have any motivation to just spin my wheels, I asked to get transferred from this project. The only response I got was that I needed to update my annual goals and priorities.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
After months of telling my manager that my project is going nowhere, that I have been given no direction from leadership, no resources necessary for the direction I want to go and no longer have any motivation to just spin my wheels, I asked to get transferred from this project. The only response I got was that I needed to update my annual goals and priorities.
"I'm not motivated by goals. Thus, my 1st priority will be to have no goals."

:D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So this is your boss?

Pointy-haired_Boss.png

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Just learn to hotwire it, hide a manual switch somewhere so it can't be stolen easily.
I used to have a dump truck that had two light switches. One for power and the other was to “turn on” the starter. Had to flip it off once it fired. It was special

Not really, my boss doesn't make poor decisions, she makes no decisions.
You work for Wetzel Insurance? I had no idea.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got back from client site. Big HT event. Probably 25% of people "oh, I didn't realize that we actually got help with our accounts." Yes. And I send out emails to all staff with that info and details about classes I teach monthly. Reading seems really hard to some people.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to have a dump truck that had two light switches. One for power and the other was to “turn on” the starter. Had to flip it off once it fired. It was special

You work for Wetzel Insurance? I had no idea.

My old volvo has a special security feature where the fuel pump gets power from an alligator clip that I disconnect when parked.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
soooo....

nikon to ef to ef to gfx....seems to be parfocal...everyting stays in focus throughout zoom range...

20220713_172832.jpg

i have a nikon to gfx adapter that came in the mail today....does not want to fit on lens...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
While this makes sense, she was also told it would take a month and cost $2k. Which doesn’t seem right to me, but WTF do I know.
$2k parts and labor sounds right, maybe cheap. Disassemble and reassemble 5 doors, disassemble the column, remove the tamper-proof hardware securing the lock, put it back together, re-code the thing. Just the ignition lock is $200-$625 on Rock Auto, they're not going to throw the cheap one on a customer car.

Just learn to hotwire it, hide a manual switch somewhere so it can't be stolen easily.
Drove my old Rover around for years by pulling the ignition and taking the pins out the ignition cylinder and JB-welding it to the key to use as a switch turner. Didn't even need real tools to do it, did it all with a knife in a beach parking lot. Figured out it was so easy to steal that there was no point in having the locks anyway, so no way I was spending $1000 on a new ignition for a $4500 truck.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Drove my old Rover around for years by pulling the ignition and taking the pins out the ignition cylinder and JB-welding it to the key to use as a switch turner. Didn't even need real tools to do it, did it all with a knife in a beach parking lot. Figured out it was so easy to steal that there was no point in having the locks anyway, so no way I was spending $1000 on a new ignition for a $4500 truck.
Good chance that was a better design solution than whatever a Rover engineer came up with.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ugh.
one of my buddies just absolutely crushed one of his vertebrae, to the point where the surgeons basically didn’t believe he could feel his fingers and toes. Lots of other damage, ribs, sternum, etc, etc. Just riding along with his daughter, clipped a tree.
im gonna go take theirdog for a walk.
puts my work dissatisfaction into perspective.

oh, Edit, he is going to be fine, he got crazy lucky

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Car hunting is exhausting. Test drove a Honda CR-V and a Toyota Rav4. The Toyota was the clear winner. Unfortunately there are no new ones sitting on the lot so you have to take what's already on order. Soonest Rav4 available will be August 17. They had one that was 3 years old but it was more expensive than the one on order. Probably going to put a deposit on the Toyota tomorrow. Will end up being without a car for three weeks. Good time for a backpacking trip I suppose.