Quantcast

Really Wide DH bars: Who All Makes Them?

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
THey are wider than what you have been using. Is that real enough?

What do you want? widths, rises, weights? all the info is available on mfg web sites....You want someone to tell if they are right for you?
Uh, yeah I fvcking know that. I've only seen them around on other bikes and just wanted people who are running them to chime in and tell me if the extra inch or extra inch and a half really makes that big of a differance. :biggrin:

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Only thing I can figure is they change somewhere in mfg??

I know for a fact that the first run (maybe more) were 29.5" (mine measure just over this depending on how you measure...

Just givin' you some crap for your vague question J B....

I have ridden with half my hands off the end of my bars for a long time (I get bruises on my palms from the bar ends) so going to a wider bar was certainly a 'no brainer' for me. In general, they give you a bit more leverage, and slow down the steering quickness of your bike. It is significant (IMO) at 29-30 inches (vs 28" standard bar width) but not so different that you could not ride either.
THe gravity light 31.5 s however are f'n giant!! and unfortunately heavy as well. I have a pair and not sure I will use them as they are really 'that much' bigger than any other bars.....

Also, keep in mind that any wider bar could be cut to whatever length you might want, so it is not like you are commited to running exactly whatever lenght you buy.

jasons

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Denver CO
Just talked to sunline and they said the bar is 737mm (29") and NOT 745mm (29.5). The tech guy told me it was misprint on their website and they are going to fix it. That explains why my Deity dirty thirty's feel sooooo much wider then my sunlines. So there is your answer Ronan.
I don't think that you spoke with me. They are 744mm wide. Jason at Sicklines even had pictures of them with a tape showing the width. If there is a question, just pull out a tape measure.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
There are pics here (RM) as well that I posted long ago comparing the 28" bars to the 29.5 ers with a tape measure etc....search and ye shal find.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Only thing I can figure is they change somewhere in mfg??

I know for a fact that the first run (maybe more) were 29.5" (mine measure just over this depending on how you measure...

Just givin' you some crap for your vague question J B....

I have ridden with half my hands off the end of my bars for a long time (I get bruises on my palms from the bar ends) so going to a wider bar was certainly a 'no brainer' for me. In general, they give you a bit more leverage, and slow down the steering quickness of your bike. It is significant (IMO) at 29-30 inches (vs 28" standard bar width) but not so different that you could not ride either.
THe gravity light 31.5 s however are f'n giant!! and unfortunately heavy as well. I have a pair and not sure I will use them as they are really 'that much' bigger than any other bars.....

Also, keep in mind that any wider bar could be cut to whatever length you might want, so it is not like you are commited to running exactly whatever lenght you buy.

davep,

no worries, you ridemonkey guru. I looked back and realized it was a vague question and I did a search and this was the first thread I came across. I'm not gunna lie, I was all doped up on my meds (norco) cuz my broken collarbone was hurtn alittle bit. That is why I added a smiley on the end of my reply. Didn't want to start a war.

I decided to buy the Sunlines off of blackathlete. Sunline's outta stock. If I don't like'em then I'm sure someone would want them.