Quantcast

Rear Hubs?

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
which hub is louder, ringle ABBAH or Hope pro2? I know the Hope is a better quality hub, but i have a ton of spring and pawl kits for the ringle. Just wanted to know which makes more noise? THANKS

Oct 30, 2006
Just get a cheap abbah on ebay, ride it till it breaks, fix it with your spare parts and when theres none left, buy a hope....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The Ringle would be louder if the swearing and cursing that ensues when it inevitiably fails in the middle of a ride can be counted.

there is probably a reason you have, AND NEED, so many spare Ringle parts. I wouldn't run another one of those for free.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Why are there so many threads about rear hub noise? Since when does the sound a hub makes define the quality of it?? My Hugi 440 hub is indestructable yet fairly quiet. Too many people relate the hub noise level to the quality.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I9's are technically the loudest. Stock. If you want the steps for the noise modification they are as follows:

1) visit local machine shop
2) obtain metal filings/shavings
3) open freehub/pawl mechanism
4) insert metal filings/shavings
5) reassemble freehub/pawl mechanism
6) BRING DA NOIZE!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I9's are technically the loudest. Stock. If you want the steps for the noise modification they are as follows:

1) visit local machine shop
2) obtain metal filings/shavings
3) open freehub/pawl mechanism
4) insert metal filings/shavings
5) reassemble freehub/pawl mechanism
6) BRING DA NOIZE!
Plastic cards in spokes!
You can play poker when sitting around as well.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
not sure about the ringle but i have a pro II that i had taken apart and as a result was kinda greasless due to a very wet race. Ever since i've had people stopping and asking me what hub it is due to it being super loud.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
which hub is louder, ringle ABBAH or Hope pro2? I know the Hope is a better quality hub, but i have a ton of spring and pawl kits for the ringle. Just wanted to know which makes more noise? THANKS
All you Hope fans are English right? because there isn't any other rational explanation I can uncover.

:shocked:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
the hope is in my experience much higher quality than the ringles i work in a shop and have to rebuild and service both i've never owned a ringle but i seem to have to fix more of them than the hopes and the hopes are far more popular. There also reasonably priced on a you get what you pay for. I'm not a big fan of there brakes but there hubs are the best i've used. I'm not English either

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
I'm not say'n the louder the hub, the better the quality, i just like a loud hub. Too many non-bikers on muti-use trails, I like to let them know i'm coming(no, i wont put a bell on a DH bike) I know I'm gonna get flamed on this one, so to explain My DH bike is my multi-use bike, some of us can only afford one bike ya know:shakefist: