Quantcast

recommend a biking backpack?

eanzenberg

Chimp
Apr 3, 2009
Hi guys,

I am looking for a backpack to have with me on my Specialized bighit bike. I want to put a camelback, and a D50 camera in there comfortably, and be able to ride around without too much worry about them. That brings up a question, should I be bringing the DSLR on trails, or should I just bring a point-and-shoot in case I wipe out and break the camera, or the camelback leaks?

Anyways, recommend me some bags, thanks!

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
The Camelbak cloud walker looks roomy enough for a DSLR and some padding.

I'm a point and shoot camera kind of guy when it comes to riding.

WELCOME TO RIDEMONKEY!

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I leave the DLSR at home during rides. I have a nice P&S I bring along for those rides. I do know that there are a few packs that have bladders and storage for the DSLR - search FredMiranda and POTN

Good luck!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I always take my D80 with me. I forget the brand of my backpack (got it at Big 5), but it has one big zipper compartment for the bladder and another one the same size that my camera fits into (with padding, too). I can fit a lot in that little pack.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I always take my D80 with me. I forget the brand of my backpack (got it at Big 5), but it has one big zipper compartment for the bladder and another one the same size that my camera fits into (with padding, too). I can fit a lot in that little pack.

IF... I could afford a D80... I'd pack that sucka in a pelican case and cargo strap that thing to my camel back before I went on a trail ride.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
The Camelbak cloud walker looks roomy enough for a DSLR and some padding.

I'm a point and shoot camera kind of guy when it comes to riding.

WELCOME TO RIDEMONKEY!
Makes me pissed even hearing about a cloud walker. Years ago I had one all customized with all these cool one of a kind handmade patches from mid 90s Phish shows. Left it by the car at the trailhead for 2 minutes with my Nimbis II Helmet. Was hanging in my buddie's van and some sneaky fuk lifted it and the helmet.

If I ever see one of those patches I'm going take my helmet and beat the "owner" with it until I need to use the replacement warrantee.

- I'd like to get a replacement warrantee for this Xen.
- Jeezus are you okay? Why is there blood on the outside?
- We'll I repeatedly wrecked into this guy's face. Don't worry, I'm fine.