Quantcast

Recommend me a work stand.

I used one for about three solid years 9months out of the year building bikes in hotel parking lots and on uneven dirt lots too. I can say that I have never been let down by the Ultimates.

From lumpy uneven ground holding DH bikes to building 8 bikes a day in a parking garage they hold up to whatever you throw at them. Plus it's been back and forth through a lot of fairplane luggage mileage and never has gotten damaged.

I used a Park the first year I was a team wrench...but never again. Ultimate all the way.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Internal14 said:
I used one for about three solid years 9months out of the year building bikes in hotel parking lots and on uneven dirt lots too. I can say that I have never been let down by the Ultimates.

From lumpy uneven ground holding DH bikes to building 8 bikes a day in a parking garage they hold up to whatever you throw at them. Plus it's been back and forth through a lot of fairplane luggage mileage and never has gotten damaged.

I used a Park the first year I was a team wrench...but never again. Ultimate all the way.
Can't get a better recommendation than that!

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
binary visions said:
Ultimate Pro repair stand.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=5962&srccode=2047

Solid, well made, folds up very compact & comes with a nice rugged bag to carry it in. I've put a bunch of different bikes on mine and it holds anything from a lightweight XC bike to a 45+ lb. DH bike.

I'd venture to say it's better than the Park stand.
+1 :thumb: It's the one I have had and abused over the years. Though the last time I used it I put together a kid's bike. :help:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
vote in for the ultimate. mines about 2 years old. and have held the 60lbs DH bike. just can't have it at full height.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
For a portable stand the Ultimate is the best way to go, it is light, easy to fold up, and plenty durable. I take mine on camping/riding trips all the time, haven't had one problem in like 4 years or something.

But for a non-portable home or shop stand I still like the park clamping mechanism and sturdy base.