Quantcast

Red Bull Challenge in the Goldmine

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I went to the redbull salt mine race in germany 2 times...had to be the weirdest experience ever. Being trapped for 10 hours, a mile under the earth with salt walls made you a little crazy...this sounds just as nutty, but as always-props to Redbull for creating another fun adventure for racers.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Every time i wonder what they can do next they come out with stuff like this. I think they should dip into the amateur level of the sport a bit more...It would be killer to see them do some more grass roots stuff...

AlberTop

Monkey
Nov 30, 2004
South
I've heard that at the end of the main gallery of the mine there is a lake (with blue water) that is 2km long.

What a place for a DH race!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
AlberTop said:
I've heard that at the end of the main gallery of the mine there is a lake (with blue water) that is 2km long.

What a place for a DH race!
We heard there was a lake with blue water in the salt mine too, so Lopes and I asked a mine driver to take us over there...the eurosport guys heard us talking about it and hopped in the truck and off we went...when we got there it was the most disgusting, yet awesome looking body of water I ever saw...mines scare me.

AlberTop

Monkey
Nov 30, 2004
South
stiksandstones said:
We heard there was a lake with blue water in the salt mine too, so Lopes and I asked a mine driver to take us over there...the eurosport guys heard us talking about it and hopped in the truck and off we went...when we got there it was the most disgusting, yet awesome looking body of water I ever saw...mines scare me.
Don't forget this is a gold mine, so because of the copper the lake is deep blue. And since the mine is open to the public people dive there...

Do a DH run and dive in an underground lake... Priceless...

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
which tires grip best on gold? spikes to dig into the gold or slow-rebounds to mold around the gold? that's a toughie.

if you roost a turn, will gold dust fly everywhere?