Quantcast

RedBull night shift

TheRiddler

Chimp
Aug 23, 2009
i dont really see it happening again. not to say it isnt a fun event, i had a blast last year...But RB's only objective in holding the event is to put out a banger of a video that they hope will go viral...windrock's vid was pretty sweet, but i didnt see anything come out from this year, all the footage would just look like lights bobbing thru the woods. cool concept, but my moneys on the nightshift being done.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
Dylan is right. I would predict it not happening this year. I think Red Bull was pretty disgruntled with the lack of turn out at the last event at Clemson, which was due to the lack of clarity in event promotion and promoting it as as a "collegiate only" race. It was unfortunate that they were a closed book when it came to outside help for planning and promotion because had they promoted it as an open event that it ended up being, I think they would have certainly been pleased with the turnout.

Regardless, it ended up being an awesome event, as it was at Wind Rock back in 09 and I think everyone had a great time.

I wouldn't expect a video to be compiled from the Clemson Night Shift either. Last that I had heard, Red Bull still hadn't paid Remedy Films for their work. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I hope I am wrong and they'll want to sponsor another Night Shift event because I think it's a great idea and it's awesome that they've taken an interest in supporting the sport at a local level, but considering the $$ they put into the last event and the lack of turnout, I doubt they will, but I could be wrong because red bull makes weird business decisions.

However, don't forget that there will be a race in Clemson Halloween weekend.

RemedyFilms

Chimp
Oct 14, 2011
Whats up guys!! Just to give everyone an update, we were finally paid for shooting last years event. We are putting the video together as we speak and it should be up shortly. Not sure what all you guys have going on this fall, but the highlight from Night Shift 2010 should get you pretty stoked to get out to Clemson's course and ride in the Halloween race.

I will post again as soon as the video is live.

-JG