Quantcast

Redline sizing?

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Hey everyone I'm looking at getting a Redline Conquest Pro ordered for me, and I just wanted to make sure about the sizing, since this will be my first road/cyclocross bike, and I can't pre-ride the bike before ordering. I'm about 5'10", and I've ridden several other companie's CX bikes. I fit good on a 55cm Bianchi Axis, and a 56cm Fuji cross bike was a hair too big for me. A 54 cm Redline should be just what I need, correct? I just want to make their method of sizing is similar to everyone else's before my shop orders and builds the bike for me.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Cyclocross sizing is a little strange. You want to ride bikes with similar top tube lengths. The 55cm Axis has a 55cm c-c TT and the 54cm Conquest has a 54.5cm effective TT. So you are pretty much in the clear for sizing. All you have to do now is find the right stem length.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by Nate at RIT
Hey everyone I'm looking at getting a Redline Conquest Pro ordered for me, and I just wanted to make sure about the sizing, since this will be my first road/cyclocross bike, and I can't pre-ride the bike before ordering. I'm about 5'10", and I've ridden several other companie's CX bikes. I fit good on a 55cm Bianchi Axis, and a 56cm Fuji cross bike was a hair too big for me. A 54 cm Redline should be just what I need, correct? I just want to make their method of sizing is similar to everyone else's before my shop orders and builds the bike for me.
If you can get me 3 measurements I will get you an exact size.

First measurement is an Inseam measurement:
Make sure it is accurate by using a book or broomstick and pulling it firm between your legs and measure (or have a friend measure) from the top of the book or broomstick to the floor. Make sure you do not have any shoes on also.

Torso: keep the book or broomstick in the same place and pull if firm. Have your friend measure from the same place to your sternal notch. (where your collar bones meet just below your adams apple)

Arm: hold a pen in you fist and your fist out to your side and measure from the pen to the joint in your shoulder.

If you can tell me the top tube, stem length and saddle height on your current bike that will help me determine your riding prefrence too.

If you can get those measurements I can give you accurate sizeing. :thumb:

(if I forget to check back PM me)

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Hey thanks for the offer, MB2, but I was more just looking to make sure that Redline's sizing scheme to close to the other companies I've tried. Going by the TT length, it looks like I'm going to be fine. Thanks for the help guys.