Quantcast

regular tires and UST rims?

Chris A.

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
I have a set of the 823's which I'm running the UST High Roller on. My question is can I run my Swamp Things which are not a UST tire on these rims? I'm gonna be down at the Open and it is looking like it could get a little wet going by the weather channel. So I was just wondering if that combo would work out okay. Thanks a lot.

Chris A.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
if they are brand new they might. but i was in the boat that you were with my minions and they wouldnt work. i cant exactly explain cause its my first experiance with tubless.

although there is a solution. you can get a schrader tube and take out the valve on the 823 and run tubes on them. thats what i had to do untill i got some new tires.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
me89 said:
although there is a solution. you can get a schrader tube and take out the valve on the 823 and run tubes on them. thats what i had to do untill i got some new tires.

I think you mean presta tube.

You can run normal tires on your 823s if you use a (presta) tube. You can also try to pump them up tubeless, but it's not that reliable. Sealant will help with this...

Chris A.

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
Yeah I mean't to say I would be running them with a presta tube. I don't didn't think that they would work tubless. But maybe I'll try to run it tubeless w/sealant I just don't want my tire to blow out in the middle of my race run. I just wasn't sure if the bead would hold and all that stuff. Thanks a lot for input.

Chris A.