Quantcast

Reign X suspension tuning w/ a DHX 5.0 AIR

Loozinskin

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham,WA
First ride on the Reign X today left me a bit boggled. Small bump, drops, and general reactivity was incredible, but much to my surprise, this bike pedaled like crap.

I honestly have to say my Sunday pedaled FAR better than this bike in its current shock setup... Slays it actually in acceleration and no feedback when mashing out of the saddle.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the shock setup that might help. Sag perhaps?

Right now I'm at about 30% sag
-I weigh 165 w/ gear
-running a DHX 5 AIR
-PSI and settings to be posted later tonight when i get out to the garage.

Wondering if there are any guys here who could point me in the right direction for tuning in a good feel for the Maestro.

On a side note I must say the square edge handling of the maestro is on a level I've never felt from any other design before. No perceivable "hang-up"whatsoever when crushing through rocky sections ... even on level to slightly positive grades!

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
It took me a while with my glory to figure this out as well. I ran more psi in the boost valve in my dhx coil, and 5+ clicks of propedal.

Can't really tell you more without knowing what your setting are...

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Check the boost valve. It makes all the difference in the world. I don't know about the DHX Air, but on my coil 110 psi is the best balance point between sprinting stiffness and impact suppleness.