Quantcast

Remi Gauvin and PerformX: 2010 Year in Review

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

It was a stellar first year for the PerformX Downhill Team, including a Canadian National Championship for Remi Gauvin. Check out this season wrap vid by Dan Batchelor and learn what PerformX is up to for 2011?
---

By Ryan Kuhn

PerformX's junior expert racer Remi Gauvin came charging out of the gate this year, winning the first five races of the season including Sea Otter Classic and the Northwest Pro GRT. Remi had impressive showings at a number of regional races, including winning the Mt. Washington stop of the BC Cup where he took his category and finished an impressive 2nd overall.

Remi also turned heads at Crankworx where he racked up three second places in the Garbanzo DH, Air DH and Canadian Open. But his crowning achievement was winning Canadian Nationals at Panorama Resort, where he also finished 2nd overall, pros included.

Remi atop the Sea Otter Classic podium!

Remi earned a spot on the Canadian National team and raced at Worlds in Mont St. Anne in Quebec. Though he was third at the first split, Remi suffered a technical that knocked him out of contention. All in all, it was a very impressive final Junior Expert year for the Canadian speedster and bodes well as he enters the Elite ranks for 2011.

?Remi worked very hard in the preseason on his conditioning and you could witness his confidence grow as the season progressed,? says PerformX owner and trainer Todd Schumlick. ?I think he will be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years.?

For 2011, PerformX is expanding its program into camps, an academy and growing the PerformX team. From Sept. 30 to Oct. 4, PerformX will hold its first racer-oriented camp in Whistler, BC, with Canadian World Cup superstar Stevie Smith, who is coming off a very impressive 2nd place at Worlds.

Remi Gauvin at Crankworx, photo by Clayton Racicot.

PerformX will also be offering a high-end Academy for young racers looking to take their game to the next level. The Academy will include fitness and nutritional programs and an extended camp in Southern California in early 2011, coinciding with PerformX?s renowned motocross camps.

PerformX would like to thank its sponsors: Evil Bikes, Spank Industries, Troy Lee Designs, Oakley and SRAM.

For more information on the PerformX Downhill Team, Camps or Academy, go to PerformX Racing, email info@performxracing.com or call (604) 935-9484.

Attachments

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
congratulations on the season, but that video was horrificly sped up in the riding sections. for shame. why do videos do this? we notice.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
congratulations on the season, but that video was horrificly sped up in the riding sections. for shame. why do videos do this? we notice.
I'm usually the first person to scream SPED UP but I'm 99% sure that actually wasn't... that kid is stupid fast and everything in that video was believable.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
Looks like it was filmed at www.mountwashington.ca the technical riding in the last 2/3rds looks definitely real, but the rollers and jump stuff at the start looks a bit too twitchy and fast to be at real speed. nonetheless remi is ultra fast, congrats on the nationals

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
watch the plants moving and the dropping faster than gravity. I know he's fast, and not all of the riding sections are sped up, but the ones that are sped up are quite apparent in my opinion, and it irks me more than all the excessive slow mo use these days.

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
45 second mark, 1:49 to 1:52 is really bad, 2:07 to 2:10. You can't honestly believe those parts aren't sped up. He's fast enough with out having to speed up the film. My biggest pet peeve was "made" from the last wc season, lots of sped up footage there.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
45 second mark, 1:49 to 1:52 is really bad, 2:07 to 2:10. You can't honestly believe those parts aren't sped up. He's fast enough with out having to speed up the film. My biggest pet peeve was "made" from the last wc season, lots of sped up footage there.
Watched it again paying close attention to the bits you mentioned and I maintain with even greater certainty that it's not sped up. Maybe your computer is playing stuff a bit stuttery or with low frame rate or something, but those bits are in no way unbelievable.

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
we'll have to agree to disagree then, i've never been more sure of any video speed in my life. the riding is incredible and he will go far, that much is certain. It's weird how my computer would play just those sections from this one video at a funny speed. Anyway, not a big deal, just a pet peeve of mine.

Zorba

Chimp
May 25, 2010
Remi's going to kill it in 2011...PerformX has its race face on. Great vid too Batchelor.