Quantcast

Rennie??

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
So whats the deal with him next year? anyone know if he's back? rumors were iffy on if he was coming back, if he was still on morewood or else where. Has there been any news?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i thought i heard he was gonna come back as long as a bigger company than morewood picked him up. something tells me they didnt have the funds he wanted/needed? but i dont know about that.. feel free to correct me :D

anywho it would be rad to see him back out there, he had a good finish at worlds.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
After being on the road for so long, he was feeling a bit homesick. Maybe not the right word, but he said a year off will do him good.

We'll just have to see...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Maybe he just wanted to be normal for a little while and let his knee really heal. Watching the first Earthed on the stationery trainer yesterday reminded me of it. He wants to win and nothing else will do. Remember his interview at Mte. Saint Anne and the camera man had to remind him that he's only 23. He won the whole series that year and his final statements referred to being pissed that he didn't win the event.

If you're used to being at that level and being nearly devastated by 2nd place, imagine the disappointment you feel at finishing in the dougle digits multiple times in a single season. Add to that the fact that this year, there were almost as many cameras in his face as a lush on TMZ gets. Being injured and under a video edited microscope that our sport has never had until now....that's damn tough.

He'll be back sooner than we think, I'd guess.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
If he gets a good deal with a different team, he'll be back. Otherwise he is taking the year off.

As for all the cameras in his face, he doesn't care. You can't hurt steel. ;)

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
Last Sunday he said he was taking it easy, starting a family and only doing selected races. He was also drinking a LOT of beer.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
If he gets a good deal with a different team, he'll be back. Otherwise he is taking the year off.

As for all the cameras in his face, he doesn't care. You can't hurt steel. ;)
Strange, the Gravity Group/ Kenda Morewood programme seemes to have a nice set up + plus have/had an aussie team mate for him.....

Hopefully we see him back someday

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
And in all fairness, during the back and forth messaging he did with me, it was always, shorty before or after a party and he was either primed with spirits, or capped off with them.

Maybe the one genetic link Aussies had with the English that they don't share is the ability to safely metabolize alcohol as a nutrient. In Aussies, it apparently converts to a toxin instead. Whoda thunk it? :think:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Too big an ego. I wont miss him.
I'm quite sure the feeling's mutual. Though you seem to know each other so well so I can't be sure.

Also it kinda is annyoing when you fall from the top like he did. I'm quite sure quite a lot of people here would be as pissed as he is.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
wow, what a bunch of arrogant pricks some of you are, belittling someones shortcomings and struggles? wow, real classy...but then again, this place has never really had much of that....just a bunch of self-important douchebag blowhards who like to hear themselves talk

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
wow, what a bunch of arrogant pricks some of you are, belittling someones shortcomings and struggles? wow, real classy...but then again, this place has never really had much of that....just a bunch of self-important douchebag blowhards who like to hear themselves talk
they're a bunch of pissants who imagine their posting on RideMonkey makes them bad-azz riders. the majority of internet discussion forums are full of poseurs. MTB forums have tons of e-riders. Ski forums have tons of e-skiers. and so on.

immaturity + immunity of internet posting + jealousy of another's talent = e-douchebaggery.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I was going to leave this alone, but the more I thought about it the more it bugged me.

Flip is right. All the guys bagging on Rennie are fuc%in WEAK. You have no idea what that guy is dealing with personally, mentally, and emotionally. Being a world cup racer CAN'T be an easy job. Theres tons of pressure, constantly, from everywhere. Its not like baseball or hockey, where even the minor leagues get paid. You're either top 10 and getting paid sort of half assed, or not.

Everytime I've met Rennie, the guy has been completely awesome. Hes friendly, funny, and just one of the guys really. Always takes a moment to answer stupid inane questions from fanboys like me. Watching him ride is a treat, and if he truly is done I'm sorry to see him go.

He gave me one of the coolest experiences I ever had at a World Cup. I was shooting pics in a corner with my little P&S camera, at the bottom of one of the open sections. There was a huge berm opposite me, and I thought everyone would take it. I had the camera over the tape, shooting into the corner. I knew Rennie was up, and got ready. To my surprise though, he didn't take the berm. Instead, he MADE HIS OWN and cut the corner hard, missing me (well, my lense) by maybe 10 inches. Scared the **** out of me. When I looked at the ground and saw the huge shredded tear that he made, I realized just how cool what he did actually was. I am fine with missing the shot, because it showed me something much cooler. The pics were all **** anyways haha.

If you're readin this dribble Nathan, all the best and hope to see you back.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm pretty sure the dude can take some ribbing, but at the end of the day, he's still one of my favorite riders, hopefully we'll see him back.

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
I was going to leave this alone, but the more I thought about it the more it bugged me.

Flip is right. All the guys bagging on Rennie are fuc%in WEAK. You have no idea what that guy is dealing with personally, mentally, and emotionally. Being a world cup racer CAN'T be an easy job. Theres tons of pressure, constantly, from everywhere. Its not like baseball or hockey, where even the minor leagues get paid. You're either top 10 and getting paid sort of half assed, or not.

Everytime I've met Rennie, the guy has been completely awesome. Hes friendly, funny, and just one of the guys really. Always takes a moment to answer stupid inane questions from fanboys like me. Watching him ride is a treat, and if he truly is done I'm sorry to see him go.

He gave me one of the coolest experiences I ever had at a World Cup. I was shooting pics in a corner with my little P&S camera, at the bottom of one of the open sections. There was a huge berm opposite me, and I thought everyone would take it. I had the camera over the tape, shooting into the corner. I knew Rennie was up, and got ready. To my surprise though, he didn't take the berm. Instead, he MADE HIS OWN and cut the corner hard, missing me (well, my lense) by maybe 10 inches. Scared the **** out of me. When I looked at the ground and saw the huge shredded tear that he made, I realized just how cool what he did actually was. I am fine with missing the shot, because it showed me something much cooler. The pics were all **** anyways haha.

If you're readin this dribble Nathan, all the best and hope to see you back.
Amen. Rennie is a straight legend! Personally, I don't think that he is done at all. He will be back, maybe not this season, but he'll be back!

strizzle

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
Denver, CO
Nathan Rennie is one of the coolest riders on the planet. He truely loves what he does and that is rare these days. When I was a kid and went to all the mount snow NORBAs that featured all the pros (back in the day when NORBAS were cool lol) I asked rennie to sign a magazine pic for me. He did, and as he was signing I noticed a bottle of jack daniels chillin next to his chair. I asked if he was doing some pre race partying and he said "yea mate" and offered me a shot (I must have been 14 years old lol). I went over and took a shot and it was iced tea lol. Then he turns around and says that I was like the 3 person he got with that joke. He's a really cool guy and an even better rider, I hope he stays around.

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
He said last year, about the Makulu, that "it felt good to finally ride a bike that fits me"...implying that SC hadn't spent much time tuning a V-10 that can take his massiveness...7th at Worlds was killer...shows he's still got " a lot more in the tank" as he would say...

God knows we need some more character and rock and roll back on the podium...I mean...Aaron G. is awesome...but didn't know how to open a bottle of champagne?? WTF??? ...Rennie would have been ripping the cork out with his teeth...aluminum foil an all!!!!

I hope he comes back ready for blood!!! DH is dead boring without him!