Quantcast

Reno,Carson,Lake Tahoe

alltimepimp

Chimp
Nov 7, 2006
Anyone out there know any good spots in Reno , Carson , Lake Tahoe , I am going to be moving in the area soon and I need places and people to ride with .

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Wow ! Are you a little salty ? Actually some of the best riding is not even close to being located in Gnar-Cal .Maybe you might want to get in to travel mode and go open your mind .
yes sanjuro. why don't you ever ride your bike anywhere else? have you even ridden your bike anywhere besides the bay area?

also, are you going back east for xmas? i'll be there. if there's no snow i would like to ride too.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
yes sanjuro. why don't you ever ride your bike anywhere else? have you even ridden your bike anywhere besides the bay area?

also, are you going back east for xmas? i'll be there. if there's no snow i would like to ride too.
I would ride east of Sacramento but I saw some snow on the ground along Mr. Toads, and you know how I suffer from Chionophobia.

And if you remember, I was going to rent your house for Xmas so my family can enjoy some skiing/snowboarding?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i'm dumb. forgot about that.

can't believe the trails here are still pretty ridable. armstrong pass might be messy, but that's about it. went on a night ride of corral last night and it was really warm.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Wow ! Are you a little salty ? Actually some of the best riding is not even close to being located in Gnar-Cal .Maybe you might want to get in to travel mode and go open your mind .

Nope. Sacramento is it.

Get here, buy a map, talk to people. Directions at this point wouldn't make any sense. There's plenty of riding around here. We just don't show sanjuro any of the really good stuff. Amy and I have an understanding.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo is right. you're better of just exploring when you get out here and finding people to show you around.

most people aren't going to post a list of their favorite local trails to here.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
just ask for the locals only trails...
and be sure to tell them you're from the bay area. they LOVE that kinda stuff.

it goes over better in the winter too. ride up the gondola with some 'locals', tell them you're from the bay area, and ask them where all the cool secret stashes are. they'd be ever so helpful.

but seriously... people will be helpful (after awhile) if they know you are sticking around.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Howdy all
ATP. there is a ton of riding in Northern Nevada . Contact Kid Woo he knows of some good riding , What exactly are you looking for ??? DH,CC,DJ,PArk,Street be a little more detailed on what you want we can fix you up proper. Also the get out and travel comment was classic.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Personally, I'm a bit partial to the Virginia City area (put on 4 mtb events for Make-A-Wish) and the Pine Nut area (Alaina's "backyard"). Also liked N* when I did the 24/Tahoe for Alaina. And the road riding (around Tahoe, Ebbetts/Monitor passes, etc), well, you get the idea.