Quantcast

Replacing Azonic Outlaw Bearings in Pictures

ChriisM

Chimp
Oct 20, 2010
Ireland
yeah higher res images would be way better, ill trow some picures up in a min showing what im talking about. and you metioned red o-rings? where are they?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

thats basically where im at and i cant figure out how to get the bearings out.
stick a screwdriver inside and pry the sleeve to the side. That will expose the edge of the bearing. Tap on the exposed bearing, Move sleeve to the other side of the bearing and tap on that side too. It'll fall out.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
these hubs also = Superstar (very slightly different axle config and now lighter), Versus, Formula (iirc) and several other branded hubs.

The problem I've always had is getting the torque correct on the end cap, and getting it to stay tight :(

nybike1971

Chimp
Nov 16, 2006
Niskayuna, NY
Great post! I just got two warranty bearings in the mail from Azonic for my rear wheel.

I can't quite tell what you used to press the bearings back in. Did you make the tool or did you use a commercial bearing press?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

I just reverse the carrige bolt as above and tap in with a hammer. Works fine.

Now if someone could help me out with my A-Class Rear Wheel Bearings. I can't for the life of me figure those out.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So...can you get a new freehub? I asked azonic/distributers about this years ago and no luck.