Quantcast

replacment for DJ3

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
ok so i HAD a 04 DJ3 on my sinister dna and today i cracked the bottom crown part that goes right over the tire in half. when i saw this happen it made me not like marzocchi to much. But waht do you guys think for a replacment fork?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea, DirtjumpP.1, how is that DJ3 working out. I still cant decide what I want for my P.1. I havent done my do it in a while.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i have no problems with it. its super strong, it definatly takes a beating. you can set it up really stiff for urban or dj stuff, or take a bit of air out for the rough stuff. i can hardly tell that its heavier than the old fork. i would say that for the money, its a good buy. these forks are definatly under rated.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
v6 4.3 said:
ok so i HAD a 04 DJ3 on my sinister dna and today i cracked the bottom crown part that goes right over the tire in half. when i saw this happen it made me not like marzocchi to much. But waht do you guys think for a replacment fork?
**** happens. Nothing wrong with Marzocchi. Like it was said above, give them a call and they'll help you out, wither with new lowers or a new fork. Probably not free, but at a healthy discount.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i have no problems with it. its super strong, it definatly takes a beating. you can set it up really stiff for urban or dj stuff, or take a bit of air out for the rough stuff. i can hardly tell that its heavier than the old fork. i would say that for the money, its a good buy. these forks are definatly under rated.
True. I really want to get something with a 20 mm just because it will be better in the long run. We will see, I am going to wait until the 2006 models come out.

jscottroman

Chimp
Aug 14, 2005
SFV, CA
The guys at Marzocchi are awsome. I live right by them, they'll take care of you to get you rollin asap. I had the same problem but with an old Z.5 I broke, I got a brand new DJ 3 w/20mm dropouts and 130mm travel for a $100. I love this fork, simple yet efective.

Talk to Erick at Marzocchi.

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
so bassicaly all of you guys are saying that the dj3 is the best of its class (besides the dj 2 and 1)

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Marzocchi customer service is great! I had an 04 DJ 3 that I rode for a year and a half before it broke. Then I went with a Sherman.... broke it in two days. then I got a stance static... it needed to be "upgraded" before I could ride it, then the seals wouln't hold air, so i sold that... I went with fox next, because I felt that marzocchi was to heavy. well my fox lasted 5 months before both seals blew, and one of the stanchions cracked. So today, i but an 05 Marzocchi dj 3 on my bike. Hopefully it lasts, I've had my only fork luck with Marzocchi before, so i am guessing it will continue. Their customer service is 2nd to none. After riding my zocchi at the the trails today, I can honestly say i didn't even noticed the weight difference (nearly 2lbs!) it felt ..... hmm...reassuring when i was jumping 15-20 foot gaps. I stick with zocchi, they're great!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i rode a dj3 and then sold it and got a fox vanilla125r. Its 3 lbs lighter and has only needed the seals replaced once in the last year and a half. it made my front end way lighter, which i like.

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
thanks scurban, thats basscily what i waswondering. i guess im sticking it marzocchi that fork took are pretty hardcore beating.