Quantcast

Representing 4 :monkey: & a babboon or we have to ride thru THAT!?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Masters of the Mountains
Cross-Country Mountain Bike Racing
Race # 3
Riedlbaur's Resort
Round Top, New York
Date: September 12, 2004

Course description:Fast and furious singletrack in mainly pine forests.

ok, for the 1st 1.5 miles that was true (except for a narly steep & fun DH section) BUT there was a little surprise about 1.5 miles in that might slow ya down some

If you look in the background of the 1st pic you can see a taped off section, that was the hill climb - doesnt look too tough until you try to make! and if you did you won a w/e at Riedlbaur's Resort! I tried about 20 times until I was :dead: Many people tried, but only one made it and he bunny hoped sideways (trials style) the last 10 ft!

pics:

pro/exper start

into the singletrack

SPLASH !

yup, there was a little puddle

5 days ago this section was dry (and the puddle went on for about another 150 ft!)

not everyone new it was not as deep on the right

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
cheater!

dude, look! snake!

~

Mud Hunnies!

~

this section was much steeper than the pics show
plus us sport (and beginner) riders knocked all the loose shale off the course for the pros :rolleyes:

~

~

~

oops dead camera battery

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I want to race against Westy in a 24 Hour race...is he coming to Moab?

/random thought off

Good job with the racing my good sirs :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Skookum said:
What a great way to clean your bottom bracket. :p
especially being my BB is 2 weeks old :rolleyes:

jacksonpt said:
Great pics doug... with the exception of the lake, looks like a lot of fun.
yeah, you cant see it but the sign in the middle of the "puddle" says "Dry Lake"

it was fun, but due to conditions they decided us sport guys were to do 2 laps instead of 3, and 2 laps was enough for me!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Very cool pics, Doug! They have GOT to be kidding with the water!

So how did you place?

thanks

I had a great start, and had the lead for a 1/2 lap, but I really didnt want to be in front - I wanted someone to be pacing me, instead of me pacing everyone else - then one of the dudes I race against at Dalton passed me, I was passed again in the "puddle"....but I couldnt hang with them. after a while I came to a technical section and a few people were there, one was yelling brake brake!, ok but where to hell does the course go!? next thing I know I'm endoing, and mid endo 2 guys yell RIDER! RIDER!
yeah, and what would like me to do?? doh! they both passed me.

so I finish that lap, and oh crap! I just was passed by the series points leader! I keep him in sight and with about 1/4 lap left he has a problem in a technical section and I was able to pass him....I gave it all I had to stay ahead of him...which I did!

I thought I was in 4th but I actually got 3rd! woo hoo! :D (4th place was only 8 seconds back)

and this was the last race of the series, and I ended up in 2nd overall in sport/my age bracket !! :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
:eek: OMG - that lake is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like there were some fun sections though.

Lake= :help:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
thanks!

The guy that won the race (the dude I know from Dalton)..I asked him how did he get so much faster this year?
his answer "I got rid of my wife"
haha
my reply was "me, I'm faster because my girlfreind got rid of me, and I didnt replace her with a new one"
:D