Quantcast

residents of Vancouver and/or Whistler...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
hey guys, i need to get in touch with someone like a city official, or a hospital...maybe even a church, or school in those two towns.

Texas4000 needs a place to lodge over the summer for a night at these 2 towns, and we have still yet to nail anything down. it's rather urgent, so if anyone can hook me up with some contact info, that'd be dandy. or if you might be able to help us out, PM me and i'll get you some more info.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by the Inbred
hey guys, i need to get in touch with someone like a city official, or a hospital...maybe even a church, or school in those two towns.

Texas4000 needs a place to lodge over the summer for a night at these 2 towns, and we have still yet to nail anything down. it's rather urgent, so if anyone can hook me up with some contact info, that'd be dandy. or if you might be able to help us out, PM me and i'll get you some more info.
A city official?...sorry I am not sure why you would need to speak with someone in that capacity. We do have a church in town but can't for the life of me remember where it is or what it is called. (in either case the point is moot I know no officials in those capacities)

If he is looking for a cheap place to stay we have 2 hostels in town that both have group rooms for cheap rates. If you need any other kind of details feel free to ask :)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by Roasted
A city official?...sorry I am not sure why you would need to speak with someone in that capacity. We do have a church in town but can't for the life of me remember where it is or what it is called. (in either case the point is moot I know no officials in those capacities)

If he is looking for a cheap place to stay we have 2 hostels in town that both have group rooms for cheap rates. If you need any other kind of details feel free to ask :)
Perhaps we should ask the canadian pope if he could crash on his futon?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
we can't pay for lodging. it's going to be roughly 20 people looking for:

1) Lodging (floor space, beds, or grass to camp on) (church, school gym, etc)
2) Food (dinner and breakfast)
3) Shower access
4) Laundry access

we will be doing presentations, which is why someone higher up in the city government would be nice to talk to.

we'll be riding into Vancouver on the 19th of July, and staying 2 nights. on the 21st, we'll roll out and head into Whistler and stay there a night.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
that Millenium Place looks like it would be perfect. thanks.

by the way, what's the weather like up there during the summer? average high and low?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
that Millenium Place looks like it would be perfect. thanks.

by the way, what's the weather like up there during the summer? average high and low?
20 to 35 ish...dry in some parts...Now that I am away from ontario I find it hot. But really compared to the east this is nice a cool :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
cool. you know if there are any local road riding groups up there that i might be able to get in touch with? or any shops that have webpages?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
cool. you know if there are any local road riding groups up there that i might be able to get in touch with? or any shops that have webpages?
www.worca.com (or ca I always forget) is the riding advocacy, trails building and BIG group here.

http://www.bikemag.com/heavypedaltour/evolution/ a write up on evolution. The other shop to check out with strong roots is fanatyko (no website though)...

Cheers and good luck