Quantcast

Respect the Van

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well as of 1:15 pm today I'm now the driver of a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT.

It'll be nice to have so much more room again for bikes, hockey bags etc. etc.

Respect the Van! :beerjam:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I could use one of those magnetic stickers that you see hon vehicles but instead of a hockey player or a soccer ball or baseball - how's about a RM logo!? ;)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
When I first got my license.....waaaay back in the day, I was working on restoring a '69 VW Beetle, but in the meantime, I drove my parent's '77 Custom Econoline Van. Complete with shag carpet interior floor to ceiling with a card table and pull out bed.

Needless to say, I can't tell you how many times parents turned their daughters away when they saw me driving up in the "Stabbin Cabin" to pick them up for a date. :busted:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I have a 2005 dodge caravan sxt. I love it. I didn't get the grand caravan because i was planning on putting a hitch rack on it and didn't want it draggin out of the driveways and dips everywhere.
I love the van for road trips. There have been times where i put two bikes on the hitch rack, took out the back seats, put two more bikes in the back, all of our gear in rocket box, and cruised off to moab. The gas mileage in a minivan split between four people is super cheap.

My van is a lower end van. Not bottom of the line, and not top of the line. It has individual seats instead of benches. I took out all of the back seats one year when i went to Gooseberry. Had a twin air mattress in it. I'd just chill in there at night and watch DVD's before going to sleep. It was so much nicer than listening to a tent being blown around out there. That place gets windy at night.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mine is the SXT version of the Grand Caravan. It has the second row captain's chairs and the third row is also two separate seats instead of a long bench. Versatile!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
That's like mine. All seats are individual. I think my van is about a foot and a half shorter.
i've also been on road trips where we took out three seats and put more bikes inside. I love how you can change it around.
i drove it around all summer one season with only the very back seats in and the front seats in. I'd climb in back, change my gear, crawl back out. Just kept all of my gear on the floor where the two captain's chairs were. It's awesome. The only thing i need to do now is get some helper leaf springs for it. When i load it up with bikes and gear, it rides on the bump stops in back. Gotta get some stiffer springs so it isn't bottomed out on the road trips this season.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Wife has the 06 Caravan SXT...full go on that thing. I fought the DVD player, but on long trips it is the greatest thing ever.

AND the thing is wicked fast...

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
My silver bullet is an '05 Town&Country Touring (twin of a G. Caravan). Well, OK, it's the wife's mommyvan, but is also the preferred road trip vehicle. The kid can wear the wireless headphones to watch her DVD, and the missus and me can listen to the stereo. Nice acquisition, but be sure to treat the tranny right with AT4+ fluid changed regularly. Enjoy!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
The Town and Country is actually the Bling model isn't it? Leather interior and all kinds of bells and whistles.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
You should try to write the name of every bike you ever owned on it, Mark. Like a rolling memorial. :D
That would be pretty cool. Paint it chalk board green, then write all of the bikes and anything else on it.

Or you could just do it with a sharpie. I saw a Lambo that had a custom sharpie job on it by some artist. Pretty cool looking.

Maybe one day i'll paint my van chalkboard green. I ended up hitting a deer on the way home down a canyon last year. Didn't hurt the van much. But i have a fender that is turning rusty, and a hood that is a little bit dented. Maybe once it gets worse, i'll just go do it so the woman can't diss me on it. :0)