Quantcast

Resurrecting a fallen place

gab26

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Found these while looking for a place to build.

Any tips on bringing this place back. Particularly removing the grass. I don't want to kill the flow of the jumps since I don't know who built them or how long they have been abandoned but it appears 2 years or more.

I plan on resurrecting them to their previous glory and then building it how I want.

Gotta build a line for my sons too

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
Get a flat shovel out and just start scraping off all of the grass and any of the silty soils that may have accumulated in the flatbottom. You'll then need to surface it all with some new clay. If you remove a lot of silts from between the jumps you may need to add some clay (an inch or two) there as well. Don't use any top soil on any of the riding surfaces. Take a look at the various threads on here to see what your finished product should look like. Practice makes perfect. Good luck.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Looks like an awesome place to build jumps. Do exactly what trust 4130 said and your going to want to maybe add more dirt to the bottom of the lips to there is more of a transition to them. One thing I can't stand seeing are great jumps with flat take offs because some one destroyed them.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
ive had to to this is a field of grass above my head(not kiddign either) it took 2 weeks to clear one line and all i did was get under the grass with a flat shovel and rip it up. i didnt have to resurface too much because the grass held it all in place. It might not be as much work as u think

gab26

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Thanks for the advice and there is water close by.

I'll post some new pics once I get the first line rideable.