Quantcast

Rhino Line Swingarm

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Anyone ever Rhino Line a bike frame. I am thinking about having my swingarm Rhino Lined. Seems like a good idea, but wanted to hear your thoughts.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
My friend used bed liner on his swingarm, it's been fine for a couple months now... "Rhino lining" is pretty damn expensive, unless you have a hookup.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Rhino lining is thick/heavy... if weight is a consideration. Also, in auto applications its usually at least about 1/8" thick too, dont know how thinly it could be applied and be effective.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
clancy98 said:
Rhino lining is thick/heavy... if weight is a consideration. Also, in auto applications its usually at least about 1/8" thick too, dont know how thinly it could be applied and be effective.

Darn that put some water on the fire. I was thinking about masking off the the non chanin slap areas and seeing if the local Rhino Line shop would throw a coat on for a case of beer, since I would guess that it would be an easy job, but sounds too heavy.

Gonna put some Hockey tape on there instead.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
exactly. And since you will have alot compared to what you need, you can put a coat or two on.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
Cut the outer strip of an old tube bout 1'' wide and wrap it super tight begining at the chainring and continue the wrap to the drop out. Cut to length and you can get away with using one or two zip ties. hasnt failed me yet, and it looks clean.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
bigshred said:
Cut the outer strip of an old tube bout 1'' wide and wrap it super tight begining at the chainring and continue the wrap to the drop out. Cut to length and you can get away with using one or two zip ties. hasnt failed me yet, and it looks clean.
You must know Freak.....

:D

Except he uses lots of zip ties. :) I have tube on my HT and a Lizard skin wrap (came with my Rotec) on my DH swing arm.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
An aerosol can of spray liner is only like 7 dollars, I got a bunch from walmart and did the whole roof of my van. Try that........not only will it work, it is super inexpensive.

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
The issue of weight especially on a swingarm has a profound effect on the overall performance of the shock.

Sprung weight vs Unsprung weight is very important when dealing with overall performance regarding the rear shock and your swingarm in general.

The heavier the mass the slower the reaction (from the shock) and the lighter the mass the quicker the reaction (from the shock).

By reducing unwanted sprung weight from your swingarm you improve the unsprung performance of the rear. This greatly improves rear shock performance by improving reaction (response) from your rear shock.

This holds true with Ti spring as well. By reducing the weight from Steel to Ti you WILL vastly improve the reaction performance of your shock as well as having a lighter swingarm/shock assembly. Being that those lining are heavy this will add weight to the rear swingarm......well you know the drill.

Sully,
Roteccycles GRC