Quantcast

Richmond Urban 12/5

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
We will not be riding Buttermilk, I can't even imagine trying to pedal the SGS around there.

Probably tredegar wall, stairs/drops, police station wall ride, etc. almost all concrete. It'll be too dark for any of the trails.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
well i didnt realize until after the fact that the shock was wayyyy low on air pressure so that had a huge negative effect im sure. it also would've been much easier with clips vs platforms...

but yeah the fuel would've been much more-er funner

the wall ride is an f'ing blast and the kicker is that it is RIGHT next to the poe-lease station.

do y'all have any sort of route or is it just a free flowing dealio?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
As with all urban riding don't hang in a spot too long and keep moving. There's lot's to hit in the city, no lights required.

Mike

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Damn, I'd love to come, but one of my buddies is leaving town on Wednesday for an unknown length of time......... He's moving to Park City Utah, so we are having a little party for him.

I'll catch ya next time

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
i might be able to make it up, but not sure if i'd make 630 arrival...coming from surry. can i get digits from someone for a rendezvous (sp?!?!?)

edit
just realized i was SIX three OH and not five...i think i can actually make that.
how about an actual address so i can google it. i've only done the drive a couple of times but someone else was always navigating...

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Look up 490 Tredegar St. Richmond, 23219

That location is close, we'll actually be parking along 5th street on the hill down to where 5th and Tredegar meet. Look for riders in the grass behind the fence.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
whats the potential turn out looking like? and how long do y'all usually ride for? i'm bring one other besides myself and have 2 non :monkey: friends up there that might join us. ill be in a green 4 runner with an 05 session and an 06 stumpjumper on the rack.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
how twas the ride?
It was short but sweet.

We better get out to hit the "Wall" as much as we can while we can. The Feds are going to take over the flat in front of it for parking while they build their parking deck across the street.

Mike

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
cluster meets fvck...that should have been the title of our trip from surry up to meet y'all. first we hit traffic, then we missed a turn. i think we actually saw y'all sessioning the wall, but by the time we got over to the parking lot past the museum, unloaded, and rode over you were gone. i didnt have any digits and had NO clue where y'all were going so we just rode around aimlessly trying to find the police wall ride. i couldn't believe how many people we asked, "where is the police station"

SIXTH AND CANAL will be burned into my memory for fvcking ever. we rode around and around and around looking for that because we figured that would be part of the regular route. having said that, the next time we come up some digits would be nice so we can call y'all.

the feds are gonna take it permanent like or just for a decade or so while the twadle with the deck?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
cluster meets fvck...that should have been the title of our trip from surry up to meet y'all. first we hit traffic, then we missed a turn. i think we actually saw y'all sessioning the wall, but by the time we got over to the parking lot past the museum, unloaded, and rode over you were gone. i didnt have any digits and had NO clue where y'all were going so we just rode around aimlessly trying to find the police wall ride. i couldn't believe how many people we asked, "where is the police station"

SIXTH AND CANAL will be burned into my memory for fvcking ever. we rode around and around and around looking for that because we figured that would be part of the regular route. having said that, the next time we come up some digits would be nice so we can call y'all.

the feds are gonna take it permanent like or just for a decade or so while the twadle with the deck?
Sorry you missed us. Yeah, we'll have to work on communications.

As far as I know it will be temporary. I don't know how close to the wall they'll get either. Since it's an historic structure perhaps they'll give it wide berth.

Mike

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
damn Dart, that sucks! I've been wondering what the heck they were building that large lot there for!

ridetoofast, sucks you missed the crew, they are a fun bunch ;)