Quantcast

Ridemonkey gear! What do you want to see?

What do you think about the Ridemonkey store?

• I don't like the available designs or colors

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I don't like the "Ride Hard, Drink Hard" slogan

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • I'd buy some riding gear, like shorts and jerseys

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I'd buy some other kind of gear (hats, socks, pint glasses etc. - post what you want)

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • I just don't buy gear from a message board

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Money is tight right now, but I want something eventually

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • I have enough Ridemonkey stuff already

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, so RM gear hasn't sold all that well in the new store.

Generally speaking, if you haven't bought RM stuff, why not? Is it a matter of the available gear not being what you want, or do you guys just not want to buy Ridemonkey merchandise? Please vote on the poll and post up - we want to hear!

All of this stuff is changeable - designs, colors, types of gear available... We just need to know what you guys want to see.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The wife and I have more RM stuff than we know what to do with, but the stuff we have would probably make good items for the store:

XC jerseys
DH jersey
BMX jersey
pint glasses (two designs)
t-shirts
beanies
baseball caps
stickers
bike socks

I'm pretty sure there is more that I can't think of right now.

And I am not a big fan of the "Ride Hard, Drink Hard" slogan.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I want a tee, but I don't like the "Drink hard" thing. The vomit on my shirt will let people know about that.

I like the evolution shirt okay, but don't like black t shirts. The 90s are over.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I would like a hat or another beanie. I don't care for the ride hard drink hard slogan because I don't drink.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I had a feeling we might be alienating some people with the "Ride Hard, Drink Hard" slogan. Those that don't drink, of course, but also those (like myself) who would have to be somewhat conscious of where you actually can wear your gear. I can't come into work with "Drink Hard" emblazoned across my chest.

I might buy something if it was truly unique and interesting.
You might buy... what? A great t-shirt with a unique design? Or do you mean you actually want a unique piece of merchandise, like a Ridemonkey shower loofah?

I had a feeling we might be alienating some people with the "Ride Hard, Drink Hard" slogan. Those that don't drink, of course, but also those (like myself) who would have to be somewhat conscious of where you actually can wear your gear. I can't come into work with "Drink Hard" emblazoned across my chest.

You might buy... what? A great t-shirt with a unique design? Or do you mean you actually want a unique piece of merchandise, like a Ridemonkey shower loofah?
#1 - MMike's re-shrunken head, or a facsimile thereof
#2 - Headbadge
#3 - Steerer tube top plug watchamacallit

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I would really like some pint glasses. I am turning 21 next month and would love to rep ridemonkey while watching the game in the day room.

A while ago there was a a ton of great designs by stinkboy. Are they still around?

I'm picky about tshirts because I'm a slim guy, would you guys consider doing a run of slim fit tee's?

^Steerer tube top plug sounds awesome.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's my understanding that we've got the ability to do pretty limited runs of items so we can definitely consider things like slim fit t-shirts.

Headbadges and top caps sound awesome, actually. Great ideas.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
has the shipping time gotten any better?
I don't know. I saw a couple issues that were directly attributable to specific problems (customs form or whatever). The stuff comes from Canada so it can take a week or so to get to you - is that what you need improved, or was there a longer delay?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
What would you guys pay for a top cap?

I mean, I'm seeing top caps available for $5. I'd be surprised if we could source blank top caps, have them engraved, and then distribute them for anywhere close to that. Realistically, would you pay ten bucks for a Ridemonkey top cap?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
#2 - Headbadge
Nice.

I'd totally rig up MMike's shrunken head to my seat rails so I could fart on him during my rides.

I've been wanting to get a Tee, but neither of the current designs really do it for me. I guess I wouldn't mind a jersey or socks...but then again it's kinda the ultimate in nerdom to be wearing an article of clothing for a website.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Greyhound might just be the man to do some custom engraved steerer caps. RM Logo and username?
#2 - Headbadge
I want a hoodie.
edited to add: yeah, no drinking slogan

ride hard
ride soft
ridemonkey
Yup.
Hoodie (slogan above)
LS T-shirt (slogan above)
Top Cap would be cool, and I'd love to see what GH can do!

Bottle Opener?
Wool socks (swiftwick would be AWESOME)?
Cycling vest?
LS XC style jersey (zipper & back pockets)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ride monkey cowbell, for races. Spray paint it bright green with a black monkey head and ridemonkey down the sides.

I like the idea of dropping the drinking logo.

I'd buy anything with lazers attached to it.