• Ibis Ripmo AF SLX

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
its more like a lease, they go back after the year and sold
But you could buy your own wheels and run them, then put the original ones back in when you give the bike back.
I realise this is a cost you would have to incur, but if you are being given the bike then the cost of some wheels are not much considering you get a whole new bike. Also, the wheels can be used on your next bike or sold to recoup some costs, if you are working for a shop you must be able to get something at wholesale? Shouldn't lose much money that way.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
But you could buy your own wheels and run them, then put the original ones back in when you give the bike back.
I realise this is a cost you would have to incur, but if you are being given the bike then the cost of some wheels are not much considering you get a whole new bike. Also, the wheels can be used on your next bike or sold to recoup some costs, if you are working for a shop you must be able to get something at wholesale? Shouldn't lose much money that way.
yes, won‘t be the only new bike in the next time. i just haven’t ridden any mtb in the last 7 years and liked to hear some input for decision making. will upgrade the gravel bike too and looking into maybe getting a comfy allroad bike. that area is great for riding all type of bikes.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Are you the lone RM regular that has only one bike?
Me too, but I don't ride, I just curse modern geometry every time I want to get to something in the garage, stupid long bikes.

I'd also go the Ripmo but only because I wouldn't want any of the others.
1611314499409.png

Last edited:

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Ripmo or a yeti b130 c1- the sb130 platform is amazing. Climbs like a goat and rips on the downhills. Yea its a dentist bike, but it is right in the wheelhouse and sold through the shop.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
last ones i bought were the 2010 knolly podium and the 2011 specialized pitch pro

if i could choose freely i probably would get a knolly fugitive lt and overfork it
You and I speak the same language.
Currently have a 2013 Podium mullet and a Fugitive LT with a 150mm fork.
Content I am.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 7.06.07 AM.png

That it costs a few thousand more than an EBike. Is 100X faster, will scare the living shit out of you and will clear a 120 Foot Triple in 3rd gear going uphill. Did I mention you can run most outdoor MX tracks in 2nd and 3rd gears......

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Are you the lone RM regular that has only one bike?
I have a road bike and a mountain bike. I think my wife would kill me if I tried to convince her I needed another new bike.

So anyway, looking at picking up a dj bike. If a disappear forever, it's because I picked up a dj bike and was killed for it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a road bike and a mountain bike. I think my wife would kill me if I tried to convince her I needed another new bike.

So anyway, looking at picking up a dj bike. If a disappear forever, it's because I picked up a dj bike and was killed for it.
after seeing what kids bikes cost now, my wife is much more OK with my 6 bikes, as my son is gonna be big enough to use them in another 4 or 5 years.

also i need to rebuild by slalom bike, apparently theres talk of an official pump track nearby.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
after seeing what kids bikes cost now, my wife is much more OK with my 6 bikes, as my son is gonna be big enough to use them in another 4 or 5 years.

also i need to rebuild by slalom bike, apparently theres talk of an official pump track nearby.
Cost of bikes is indeed insane. I'm looking at what my son can inherit from mine collection as well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cost of bikes is indeed insane. I'm looking at what my son can inherit from mine collection as well.
my son is jumping to a 24" bike this year. i spent a little more than i wanted to, in part just because of the covid disruption to supply/demand

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I kept my old bikes for my boys.
They have both pretty much stopped riding.
Got the youngest out 1 time last year, and the oldest has been a couple years.

Guess now may be the time to try to sell them as I may actually be able to and also get a few shekels.

Anybody want a 26" Knolly Delirium, or a 26" Endorphin?

Guess I should clean them up and throw them up on PB.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I kept my old bikes for my boys.
They have both pretty much stopped riding.
Got the youngest out 1 time last year, and the oldest has been a couple years.

Guess now may be the time to try to sell them as I may actually be able to and also get a few shekels.

Anybody want a 26" Knolly Delirium, or a 26" Endorphin?

Guess I should clean them up and throw them up on PB.
Is there any riding locally from your house and in/around the neighborhood?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Nope.
Other than a small ravine system on the other side of town, any decent riding starts with a 45 minute drive.
Dang. Growing up this was critical to my interest in biking. I could ride out my front door and there were trails, or down to town to ride bmx or whatever.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Dang. Growing up this was critical to my interest in biking. I could ride out my front door and there were trails, or down to town to ride bmx or whatever.
Yup, that kinda was me as well.
Small country village - If I wanted to go anywhere the fastest way was by bike and trail.
We had a home built bmx track basically across the street, and a 20 minute trail ride would get you to an outdoor moto track carved into the bush the local racers used for practice.

Totally different world compared to the early 70's... In a way, I can't really blame them, but that does not keep me from wishing....