Quantcast

Ridemonkey Secret Santa ~ 2013 Edition

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm still trying to think of something good. The initial 'I want this' is boring, so I need to add some ju-ju

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Sent via USPS, should be there Thursday. Unfortunately I put the wrong name for my elf in his letter, and forgot to include my RM identity... Looks like the derp will have to make up for the lack of depravity in my package.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Shipped ups will be there Monday
No letter will pm elf
Good idea, my letter was more of a complete failure than I had initially thought: I also provided the wrong maker of a particular gift. Giant forehead slap in the store last night when I realized it.

Maybe I should just PM my elf and tell him not to read it. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my goodies showed up on Saturday!

hmmmm what could be in here....

oooo the goodies!!! my basement, now even more furnished by park tools!!

thanks to whatever random monkey sent this to me!!! i'd forgotten how nice the 3way allen tools are. already been put to use building my cx bike

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
my goodies showed up on Saturday!

hmmmm what could be in here....

oooo the goodies!!! my basement, now even more furnished by park tools!!

thanks to whatever random monkey sent this to me!!! i'd forgotten how nice the 3way allen tools are. already been put to use building my cx bike
Best tool ever. I have three and know where they are always. The 2, 2.5, and 3mm triway is also awesome for grips and brake work.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Best tool ever. I have three and know where they are always. The 2, 2.5, and 3mm triway is also awesome for grips and brake work.
Agreed. I love both versions. One that I picked up for old bikes is the 8/10/11 socket style, which is also nice on the rare occasion it's needed.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
so no mystery monkey has come forward?
I'm glad you enjoy your gifts . I had to wing what I was getting you when I found out you can't ship booze in ca .Thanks for the heads up monkeys on the smaller version triway . I'll have to pick one of those up .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm glad you enjoy your gifts . I had to wing what I was getting you when I found out you can't ship booze in ca .Thanks for the heads up monkeys on the smaller version triway . I'll have to pick one of those up .
the guilty party emerges! thanks mike! rad stuff! you did good :cheers:

also, you're not allowed to ship booze in ANY state.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
the guilty party emerges! thanks mike! rad stuff! you did good :cheers:

also, you're not allowed to ship booze in ANY state.
Are we talking booze, like hard alchohol only, or does this include every beverage with alchohol in it?

google edit: I guess it is illegal for regular citizens... whoooops

Last edited:

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
clarification: shipping alcohol (liquor, wine, beer) can be done, you just need a license to do so.
I've had good luck shipping yeast samples for analysis several times. Double wrap each bottle individually in a pair of sealed plastic bags with a couple of layers of bubble wrap over that. Make sure you have 2" or more of padding on the outside of the box between it and the bottles (don't need much additional in between the bottles), you might even consider lining the box with a sealed plastic bag as well. If questioned, yes, it's fragile, no it's not liquid, never admit to sending alcohol, it's glassware if they really need to know. I suggest sending multiple packages if you have other non-beverage items to send as well. That way any mishaps with the liquids aren't going to affect your other items.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's never failed me. All of my samples have been received and analyzed with expected/desired results.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've had good luck shipping yeast samples for analysis several times. Double wrap each bottle individually in a pair of sealed plastic bags with a couple of layers of bubble wrap over that. Make sure you have 2" or more of padding on the outside of the box between it and the bottles (don't need much additional in between the bottles), you might even consider lining the box with a sealed plastic bag as well. If questioned, yes, it's fragile, no it's not liquid, never admit to sending alcohol, it's glassware if they really need to know. I suggest sending multiple packages if you have other non-beverage items to send as well. That way any mishaps with the liquids aren't going to affect your other items.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's never failed me. All of my samples have been received and analyzed with expected/desired results.
there's a difference between a yeast sample and alcoholic beverages for human consumption (in the eyes of shipping providers)

and i'm a packaging engineer. i know how to ship beer.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
there's a difference between a yeast sample and alcoholic beverages for human consumption (in the eyes of shipping providers)

and i'm a packaging engineer. i know how to ship beer.
Good advice for us non-experts, nonetheless.