Quantcast

Rider who fell off the Phantom?

SGF2

Chimp
May 8, 2005
Portland
I'm guessing its not the same guy I saw sitting at the bottom of the drop, with a severe taco'd front rim on Sunday...

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
Ya it was my friend Ricardo he is OK nothing broken he doesn't remember what happened or how he fell he just knows he woke up in the ambulance. but at least nothing really happened to him i think he will be back next weekend.

Riquez33

Chimp
Aug 30, 2007
Thank you for asking...but thank God I'm fine, the problem was I was so tired. The day before(friday) I worked like 16 hours and no food then saturday I went to Diablo but no breakfast(stupid thing)and the day was so HOT,HOT,HOT, I did 6 runs before I fell off and I did Phantom every time like I always do ,but in my last run I began to feel something crazy in my stomach ,I did upper dominions then the two drops of Salvation ,chute the statum, damboo, test of metal and the big drop of progresions and then I don't remember ANYTHING......what I believe is this when I hit Phantom I was black out all ready and I woke up in the ambulance but again THANK GOD I'M OK, I want to said Thank you to Ricardo (The big dude) for taking my bike to Big Mike for calling me and letting me know what was going on and my friend Omar for calling mi wife and Juan (The brasilian dude) who gave me a ride to my home....and see you next Saturday and like I say..ACCIDENT ARE PART OF THE BUSINESS:-)
RICARDO QUEZADA

Last edited:

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
Reminds me of the first "hot" day of summer this season...sometime in the afternoon we happen to be on the lift passing by phantom and a guy going too slow nosed it off the edge. Landed on his back but got right up. Dont know if its the heat that caused it but it can make you not think straight.

glad you are ok

sweetbabyd

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Bucks County, PA
oh boy, the terrible twins, heat and fatigue. they got me last year at Highland. we had a horrible drive to get there, and i was beyond tired. the temperature was about 98 degrees. i stupidly hit my brakes off a ledge, took a nose-dive and broke my hand that already had three screws in it. now when i am tired, i take a break and eat delicious turkey wraps with Long Island Mike :)
RICARDO, THANK GOD YOU ARE OK! i am relieved. it was terrible to see you that way.

black box

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
Same thing happened to me last year. I did that drop 100 times before but in the middle of a really hot day I went off of it at the end of a long run and I was so tired my feet just came right off of the pedals in mid-air. I woke up with a broken collar bone and broken tailbone. Even though its a really easy drop at the bottom of the mountain I guess you still can't take it for granted.

ammarhio

Chimp
Jul 15, 2008
Dang dude, glad your OK. Phantom Never really seemed too bad, but I guess that Heat can really impair the crap out of you!! This Friday, im bringing PLENTY of water and taking a gulp or two after every run.

bartman18

Chimp
Jul 15, 2008
Long Island
Very good to see that your alright. But damn man, thats a pretty long fall. Yeah im doing the same thing as ammarhio up there.. Bringing PLENTYY of water

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Some watered down gatorade helps for the long days and getting some burger king and a nice rest midday helps too. Know when to stop, my arms start to get weak and I ride sloppy that's when I rest a while or go home.

If you don't have a pass and are going to ride the entire day make sure to eat a lot.

JD Risk

Chimp
Dec 27, 2007
Damn, how'd you bust up both ends of your torso in the same fall?
I didn't see him do it, but I was there and took him to the hospital. I think the tail bone happened from having both feet off the pedals upon landing and absorbing all the impact at the seat. After that I guess the shock rebounded and sent him OTB while unconscious, probably landing on his shoulder and breaking his collar bone. He had no idea where he was when I found him, let alone what happened on the drop.