Quantcast

ridiculous, yet entertaining

well i was riding calaveras today when all of these police helicopters started cricling around me when i was riding around on top of the volcano... i was kinda scared for some reason so i just raised my hands... they yelled at me through the megaphone on the helicopter that they were not out there for me, which made me even more tripped out like there was somebody in the bushes around me...

so i moved to the southern peak, and saw all of these ambulances and cops flying down the fire road at the base of the volcano... which confused me even more until i saw where they were going...
there were a bunch of guys down by the edge of the ravine, and i didnt see any bikes, so i thought that there was some kind of random situation going on like somebody had been bitten by a snake.

i saw a life flight come in and start circling so i rode down the east side of the mountain towards the church where it was all happening.
when i was riding up the fire road, the chopper came right over me and the rotor wash pretty much knocked me off my bike... he was this low because he was going to land.

when i got to the top of the hill by the church, i could see now what looked like 20 people down there along with 10 cops and paramedics... i asked someone who was coming up from it all what was going on and he said, "nothing serious, just some guy tried to bunny hop a 4 foot wide ravine, nose cased it, faceplanted, broke his collar bone, and got a mild concussion."

my reaction to this was complete disbeleif, because i couldnt beleive that someone would call in 2 cop-choppers, and a life flight, because he broke his collar bone. my disbeleif is because i have broken three ribs twice out there and was knocked out for 25 min. on one, and i had to walk home both times!!!

anyways, i mean it sucks for the guy because it was on thanksgiving, and he was just having fun with a few friends, and this happens.

does anybody know about this? about him?
just curious...

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Well technically any head trauma with any drop in there level of consciousness, as in if you get knocked out or you are any bit confused, is trauma center criteria and if help is called and it is in a remote area life flight will be called. I can't remember how many times when BB was still open did we see a helicopter take someone down the mountain.