Quantcast

Riding in OKC?

Jan 24, 2006
Groom Lake
I may be headed down to Oklahoma City in November and I was wondering if I should bring my bike. You guys got anything goin' on down there? I've heard of a place called Roman Nose that seems pretty cool. Is there anything freeride'ish down there? Thanks.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
You can hit up Tulsa on the way back and hit up Turkey MT. By the way... I just missed you out at lawrence today. Seen you driving back down the strip with your bottlerocket in the back. This is Chris by the way.

Jan 24, 2006
Groom Lake
I thought that was you. I was busy looking at how 'pretty' Mass street was that day. Man, the ladies just come out of the woodwork when it's 75 degrees outside! I did a couple of mediocre laps at LRT and finished up with some Pizza Shuttle with my lady. LRT was the only dry place in the area I think.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Ya... We went through the river trail and bruce's Nixon took a crap on his brand new bike. Not even a full ride! All the fun spots on that trail are worn down so bad you can't even get any air out there anymore.

It used to have some ladder jumps and a few dirt jumps out there. Guess there's no more of the fun stuff out there. Just trail, and that's it.But as you said.... It was the only place in the Kc area that was dry enough to ride!

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
It used to have some ladder jumps and a few dirt jumps out there. Guess there's no more of the fun stuff out there!

Yeah, that stuff around here is "severly lacking". (Rolling eyes)

Hey Chris are we riding all the nonexistant freeride stuff this weekend? I hope so. I still don't know if the SD crew is coming or not. Hope we roll no matter what.

werd

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I'm not sure yet. I'll let ya know by Friday evening. That's the soonest I'll know anything. Sucks because I'd head down Saturday morning just after I find out.:bonk:

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
I may be headed down to Oklahoma City in November and I was wondering if I should bring my bike. You guys got anything goin' on down there? I've heard of a place called Roman Nose that seems pretty cool. Is there anything freeride'ish down there? Thanks.
There is Nothing freeride AT ALL here in OKC. only xc trails. Bring your bike if you like and call me and i will show you around

Clifton

pm me for #