Quantcast

riding in San Diego

protijy

Chimp
Oct 25, 2001
San Diego
Ok I got here about 3 weeks ago and since then I've been Hiking, kayaking, Running, drinking, adn un packing! I finally got all my Bikes Biult up and need to RIDE!

Where should I go for an Epic first ride on the west coast! Probably ride my fav bike the IF

So where width in 1 hr from Mission Bay should I go? be detailed as I still have no clue where anything is around here :)

tomyboy

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Irvine
definitely hit up noble canyon, its an aggressive XC trail, it would be great on your bike. its about an hour to the east of you, in pine valley.
if u are into DH rides, pm me for some good spots and maybe some shuttling.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Noble would be a good place to start, San Juan get's good reviews too, it may be a little farther than Noble Canyon though. Stop by bicycle warehouse just off of the 5 and balboa, they used to do a ride out of the shop one evening during the week, it was like 7 miles through the canyons along the coast. Go to any of the public libraries and check out a book on mountain biking in san diego, there's one that's pretty good, if you like it enough you can buy it at barnes and noble for like $15. I think the title may be "mountain biker's guide to san diego" or something like that.

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
Head down to Bonita and hook up with Hoser and the group of guys that leave the Performance (used to be Mission Cyclery) for Sat morning rides. You will definatley have a good time...Hose rules.

protijy

Chimp
Oct 25, 2001
San Diego
I rode Mission Trails yesterday not bad! after the long LONG LONG fire rd session was a nice lill single track section but not enought single trak for my taste.....

Think I'm gonna hit up noble ASAP