Quantcast

Riding in Tennesee

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
I know about Windrock and plan to ride there but I need some trailrides without too much climbing, suitable for 4-6" trailbikes between syllamo in Arkansas and knoxville. Anyone have any ideas?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
If you're coming through Nashville, Id recommend Hamilton Creek and Montgomery Bell trails.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
lone mt. is the closest to windrock.

you won't be dissapointed.
long climbs and descents.
it's not a hot bed of mt.bike activity.
but that's actually a good thing if you like a trail system all to yourself.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Too Far south. Looking to stay within 1-2 hrs of I40. Want technical rocky rooty minimal climbing and faster is better.
Chatt is about 90 miles south of I-40 on I-75. You drive fast, you be there in 60 minutes. Kick ass place to visit. Much more fun than Knoxville for after ride activities, IMO

Haw in Oak Ridge sounds like what you are looking for unless somebody went in and moved all the rocks. Lone Mountain was my back yard trail when I lived in the area, if you are looking for minimal climbing look else where, otherwise it's an amazing place.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
The best trails for the kind of riding you are looking for are in East TN. You will find some flatter trails in the west, but you will sacrifice the rocky, rooty, technical aspect. Chattanooga definately has more rocky conditions and there is a place called Warrior's Park just off !-81 in Kingsport that is made to your specifications.

The best rocky tech trails have lots of climbing around here!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Has anybody ridden that new MTB trail in Big South Fork? My parents clipped an article out of the K. New Sentinel and sent it to me. It looked pretty nice. Back when I lived in the area, I always wanted to ride out there but never did. The trails MTB's were allowed on were always to f'ed up by horses to be any fun and the good hiking trails were off limits. Sounds like the new plan is to build more sustainable multiuse trails in the future. With all those rocks and bluffs out there I imagine it would be like riding Moab but with trees. Epic.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i agree with burlysurly. ham creek and montgomery bell are excellent trails for the location. also for some really flo trails there is lock 4 in that area. now keep in mind these are rollercoaster type trails and nothing crazy but still fun especially when your trying to get out of the car for some ridding.