Quantcast

Riding in the south bay?

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
I'm moving from Seattle to the South Bay. I've seen some of the websites that show the well known trails. I'm interested in the trails that may not be so well known (usually the best ones). Having been in the northwest scene for the last 15 years I know the first rule of fight club....don't talk about directions to the good stuff on public forums. When I say good stuff I mean this sort of thing. That image plus many others I've shot is on my website. Shoot me a PM if you can have some suggestions.

stripes

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
I'm not sure how things work on this forum, but a lot of the best trails in the South Bay area tend to be 1) not necessarily open to bikers, and 2) many trails have enforced speed limits, which is retarded.

MTBR frowns about discussing them in public.. not sure how this forum treats it. Feel free to send me a private message if you want.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
We discuss with strict limits.

We all know where the trails are, and we all talk about them, but we don't name them or their locations.

Marz... what kinda' riding do you like to do? I'd be happy to show you around when you get down here.

XC? AM? FR? DH? We've got everything you want. Just be prepared... the trails won't be as wet as what you're used to up in Seattle. ;)

bobkelso

Chimp
Feb 20, 2008
Bay Area
Hey Marz I am in the same boat. I just moved to the South Bay from Reno and am looking for some FR and DH to ride now that my broken wrist is healing.

I am used to the aforementioned policy of keeping local trails just that...local. I am willing to put in the time digging, doing maintenance...whatever is needed.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
bobkelso... Just moved down from Reno, huh? There's some good riding up in that neck of the woods.

PM me if you guys want to go out riding. I'm stuck on a 6" bike right now, so most of my riding is within the strict limits of heavy AM/Light-to-moderate FR until I finish healing and get my DH bike shipped off for warranty work.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am down to meet up as soon as I can ride. I have another 4(?) weeks left until I get the ok for my knee. Well see.

Mike is a good guide.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
We've got some stuff like that down here, most of it needs a little work.

If you are worthy I am sure it will find you.

More natural terrain stuff than structures however.

Check out Pacifica (just south of San Fran), it is legit and has everything from rough and rocky chutes to big doubles and berms in the trees.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
We've got some stuff like that down here, most of it needs a little work.

If you are worthy I am sure it will find you.

More natural terrain stuff than structures however.

Check out Pacifica (just south of San Fran), it is legit and has everything from rough and rocky chutes to big doubles and berms in the trees.
Want to ride when I am better/able to ride again?

bobkelso

Chimp
Feb 20, 2008
Bay Area
bobkelso... Just moved down from Reno, huh? There's some good riding up in that neck of the woods.

PM me if you guys want to go out riding. I'm stuck on a 6" bike right now, so most of my riding is within the strict limits of heavy AM/Light-to-moderate FR until I finish healing and get my DH bike shipped off for warranty work.
Yeah Reno had some fun DH for sure. I missed out on a lot this summer with my broken wrist however. I am stoked to start getting back out!

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
Thanks for the input guys. These days I'm more into AM riding (have a Santa Cruz Nomad) and shooting pictures of people launching the big hits. I'd like to get out for a ride this weekend so lemme know what's up.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Marz. I might be able to help you.

I've got an SX Trail, and my buddy who works at The Big "S" rides random things all the time.

Call me. I'll PM you my number.