Quantcast

Ritual with Rigid fork?

jpconard

Chimp
Aug 14, 2006
Considering a rigid on my Mongoose Ritual. Been doing a little research and looking at either the Surly Instigator (447mm axle to crown, suspension corrected for 100mm) or DMR trailblade 2 with QR axle (435 mm axle to crown, I believe).

I prefer the more BMX looks of the DMR and I think it is 435mm axle to crown (data from vendor site not MFG. site).

The 9mm axle is the same as QR, correct?

It seems to be hard to find the DMR Trailblade 2 with 9mm axle. Any suggestions on vendor for this specific fork?

I don't know what the stock RST 100mm suspension fork is axle to crown, but I think either of these 2 rigids would be pretty similar in length. I don't mind a slightly steeper head angle, as when I ride the fork is generally in an inch or so in the travel and feels good there. The RST tends to bottom fairly easily and is a little flexy. I don't think I'd be giving up much getting rid of this fork.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
no they will be shorter but thats better for djing.

i just got the old dmr trailblade. its on sale at BTI

have you bike shop give you a deal should be under $100.

i would get it.

9mm is QR right, but DMR in 3/8, but it will work.

if you do a lot of 180's but get a bolt on hub!

i have broken 2 QR axles resulting in my front wheel flying off.

not a good thing.

jpconard

Chimp
Aug 14, 2006
I take it BTI is a dealer only website as I don't see any prices?

If you don't mind what price was the Trailblade 1? I see they are in stock but TB2 with 9mm is not.

I'd go for the TB1 vs. TB2 if the price was right.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
like i said the shop should charge you no more than $100
for the sale TB. thell them you heard it was onsale @ bti.

i can't tell you the price, but the tb2 20mm is $100 more wholesale
than the TB. not worth it IMO.
do you have a 20mm front wheel for the tb2?

the funns 20mm are in and they would be under $200 i bet

jpconard

Chimp
Aug 14, 2006
No don't have 20mm hub, and don't really want to invest in different hub right now.

Supposed to be the Trailblade 2 also available with 9mm QR drop outs, from what I have read. It seems to be much less available than the 20mm version (which includes the axle). It is also supposed to be quite a bit cheaper (partly because it doesn't come with an axle).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
DONT get the ritual, my brother grabbed one about a year ago and hates it. The thing is a complete tank. I mean honestly i am pretty sure it weighs in at about 40 lbs...I know this isnt what you are looking for but i thought i should let you know.

If you are dead set on one i can prob get it to you cheap...

jpconard

Chimp
Aug 14, 2006
OK, found a DMR Trailblade 2 (9mm axle version) ordered it and received it BUT...I don't see any v-brake posts. I plan to run only disk, but hoped it would have both. The picture is what I received but the description was as below. Anybody familiar with DMR part numbers?

Description is -

"DMR Trailblade 2 QR axleDisc/Canti Rigid -
DMR Trailblade 2 dirt jumping/ trail fork. Features and Information Full 4130 heat-treated cromoly construction Features a CNC-machined steerer and double butted 31.8mm OD fork legs 20mm version is disc only & can be set up with pegs 9mm standard axle version is disc or V-brake ready ...More Info
Item Code: FK3100
Price: $89.33 "

Airbomb Part No.: FK3100
Manufacturer: DMR
Manufacturer Part No.: DMR-TBF2-K-9
Category: DMR