Quantcast

rm blizzard or jamis dragon?

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
the search for decent cheap steel continues;

I found these two frames for the same price...399$. Both look decent and are in my price range. Which do you guys think would have better overall craftsmanship? Also any comments on geometry etc? Im lookin at the 21". Personally, I think the blizzard might be constructed better due do the in-house creation. However, I like the steeper head angle on the jamis...allows me to run a longer fork and not loose precision.

decisions decisions...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
What are the tubesets on each frame? I know the Jamis is Reynolds 853 which will be very sweet, not sure about the Blizzard.

I'd say it is a toss up and do with the one that has the right geometry and measurements you are looking for (head tube angle, standover height, top tube length, bottom bracket height, chainstay length etc.)

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
they are both 853 and both have pros and cons to their respective geometry. The question is mainly one of craftsmanship. I know jamis' are made in taiwan and rm's are handmade in canada at the rm factory. This makes me think the rm is going to better overall in terms of welds and alignment pre-coldset.

kinda sounds like my mind is made up...but I wanna hear what you guys think, or maybe hear from any of you who ride one of these two frames.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The Blizzard is one of the nicest forgotten steel hardtails out there. The Jamis is O.K. Fundamentally both bikes are very similar

One is taiwann
One is BC

up to you.